Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
La Toja
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Versace Pour Homme
SOTD11-25-21.jpg

2581FF37-4BF6-44A4-9F5B-C3978D7F5CD7.png

SOTD THANKSGIVING MORNING, NOVEMBER 25, 2021

Arrived in Las Vegas yesterday for Thanksgiving with the in-laws. After my great mug shave with the CV Heljestrand 4/8, it was time for another Swedish 4/8 foray, this time with the Edv. Neistrom #52 4/8. And no folks, it’s not a fluke! These little Swedish 4/8 razors punch way above their weight class. I think it’s the incredible nimbleness and maneuverability that I really like about these razors. They feel great in hand, and that Swedish silver steel holds a lovely edge. Two and a 1/2 passes sheared away all my mug stubble and left me very smooth.

Feather Safety Razor was allegedly started by two German WWI expatriots who stayed on in Japan after their release. Since non-Japanese were prohibited from owning property, their agent, a man named Toshio Kosaka represented the company. The company emulated the Gillette model with a focus on razor blades. After WWII the company’s share of the market dropped from a commanding 72% share to less than 5% in Japan. They dominate in Japan in DE blades and professional barber’s razors.

They were also one of, if not the first to offer a SS CNC manufactured safety razor in the AS-D1, to provide a platform for their hyper sharp Feather DE blade. Unfortunately, that initial model was a bit too protective and the razor failed to provide a truly close shave. Those initial design errors were remedied in the AS-D2 which is an immensely efficient shaver once the owner masters it’s rather narrow sweet spot, as it demonstrated in completing my noggin shave, leaving me velveteen smooth from dome toshoulders!

I wish all my shave brothers and sisters out there a glorious Thanksgiving! Don’t overeat too much!

RAZOR: Edv. Neistrom #52 4/8 (Mug), Feather AS-D2 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 with Boar Knot Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Thanksgiving shave was very good, 9/10, DFS, two and 1/2 passes, clean shave with no weepers, and just a bit of bumpiness on my chin:

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Maxwell June twinned DE
Blade: Kai DE (3) - still sharp, but not as smooth today- binned
Soap: Cella Red- thankful for still having this soap in my den
Brush: SOC Ash boar
Post-shave: cool rinse, then some Humphrey's Witch Hazel, I'll do a spritz or two of cologne before we head out to see my daughter, SIL, and grandson for Thanksgiving, Grampa got away with no cooking this year-Yay!!

To all my B&B friends celebrating today- have a great Thanksgiving. And, to those B&Bers that aren't celebrating Thanksgiving today, my warmest wishes to you and your families for a happy and healthy holiday season!

PXL_20211125_152434621.jpg

11/25/21
PreshavePAA Mentholated Cube/ Tube
BrushM&F 26mm Heritage II Hybrid in antique ivory and tortoise shell
BowlCC Copper
SoapMdC original
RazorWolfman WR2 1.15 SB/Timeless Ti Crown handle
BladePolish Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Post ShaveThayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel Toner
After ShaveCaron Pour Un Homme after shave
BalmCeraVe
FragCaron Pour Un Homme EdT
RatingDFS+ 9.8
I waited for the Martin de Candre to be delivered yesterday for my Wolfman Wednesday shave. Then it was too late after I got everything done. Then today rather than use the 200g I got yesterday I used a sample of the same soap that I forgot had. I haven't shaved with it in a few years and I wanted to make sure I like it before using the jar. Well I do still like it. Not as much as Vetyver, but, enough to keep it. I will use the sample till it is gone though. Scooping seems to work work well. At least until the sample is gone. I would like to load from the puck at some point though to see if it makes a difference in the lather. I had enough for my normal three passes plus touch up, and, then enough to wash my face with what was left in the brush. Not sure if it was optimal or not on the hydration. The instruction card says not to add to much water and that the lather shouldn't be slimy. I like well hydrated lather so I may well push it further. It seemed kind of fluffy today. Not where I usually like my lather. Still lovely soap even if I need to dial it in.

This will be one of the few soaps I don't have a matching after shave for, but, I figured Caron Pour un Homme would pair well. Complete with EdT. I really like this one, but, the novelty has worn off. I now have two soaps I use the after shave for with it's dumb spray, and, three I use the frag I put in an atomizer cause it is dumb to have a splash frag if you are wearing after shave.

The M&F heritage II is a really nice brush. I want one in finest at some point too, but, I like this knot a lot. A lot of back bone. I'd like to face lather with it next, but, I will have to use another soap since I am loading the MdC in the bowl.

InShot_20211125_182816091.jpg

Thursday head shave

Preshave: RazoRock Charcoal Lime Pre Shave Soap in shower +Proraso Red Preshave cream

Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V4

Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium(3)

Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Black Badger

Lather: Tallow+Steel Sicily

Postshave: Osma Alum Block

Aftershave: Tallow+Steel Sicily splash & Barrister and Mann Diamond Aftershave balm

Fri 26 SOTD Feather vs Kai Challenge!
Soap
Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor EJ DE89L- My very 1st DE razor
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless - My very 1st DE blade and also the most in stock!
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
Absolutely love this soap! Very enjoyable scent with a nice creamy and slick lather...
The shave with my very 1st DE razor/blade brought back some memories...hahaha. Haven't used this pairing for a loooong time. Oh my...it was silky smooth yet crisply sharp, like a hot knife thru butter. Very comfortable 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Aftershaves were excellent. Very enjoyable session.
20211126_090106.jpg

Fri 26 SOTD Feather vs Kai Challenge!
Soap
Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor EJ DE89L- My very 1st DE razor
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless - My very 1st DE blade and also the most in stock!
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Stirling Iced Pineapple
Absolutely love this soap! Very enjoyable scent with a nice creamy and slick lather...
The shave with my very 1st DE razor/blade brought back some memories...hahaha. Haven't used this pairing for a loooong time. Oh my...it was silky smooth yet crisply sharp, like a hot knife thru butter. Very comfortable 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Aftershaves were excellent. Very enjoyable session.
View attachment 1368314
I like a lot of blades but if I had to pick one.. Feather is definitely in the discussion. In my mind they’re the equivalent of the 1998 New York Yankees. Very business like and we all just knew that that they would be the champions.

I like a lot of blades but if I had to pick one.. Feather is definitely in the discussion. In my mind they’re the equivalent of the 1998 New York Yankees. Very business like and we all just knew that that they would be the champions.
Hey, thanks for your comments! Totally agree with you...hahaha! One of my champions too...

- Brush: Kent BK8S Synthetic
- Razor: Wolfman WR1 0.74DC
- Blade: Feather (1)
- Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Carpathia
- Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Carpathia
- Post Shave: Thayers Unscented, Hyaluronic Acid

I am enjoying using the fall/winter soaps. 👍

Happy Thanksgiving all!

2E5D5B79-CEAE-49D6-9E2F-45E2E66602D1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom