Razor: AutoStrop Valet VC4 (1940-1946?)
Blade: Feather FHS-10 SE (6)
Brush: Semogue - Owner Club 24mm (Boar)
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Tabac Original
Aftershave: Chiseled Face -Ghost Town Barber
38BC8B6A-011A-4FCC-BC83-98A75931BD92.jpeg

Updating my Gear
Still trying to clear up my “in use” blade backlog for my Autostrops. I originally thought this blade only had one shave on it, but it seems it was really five. Another aggressive Autostrop shave, but with no nicks, cuts or post shave sensations.
As well as using an outdated razor, I also used a soap with an outdated scent. Kind of like an old man from the 1970’s vibe. I did my best to cover it up with an old fashioned cowboy scent that’s still works in the modern era.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Nov 24th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72-Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, easy to manipulate the face, best clamping design I have compared to my other DE razors, I like the dimpled safety bar because it allows the lather to protect the skin better IMO.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1) excellent sharpness & smooth with great longevity.
Soap: Razorock Lavender :001_wub: , nice masculine scent lavender with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band badger, Mountain lake handle, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tops, nice scrubber, great lather painter. This brush seems to get more enjoyable as it gets used a little more, very nice brush.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender AS :001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm)+ scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Nacet blade.
SOTD, Nov 24, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Wednesday 11/24 shave- excellent, DFS+, two and 1/2 passes, clean shave with no weepers, and just a hint at redness in a few spots from buffing:

Pre-shave: shower
Razor: 1959 Fatboy- set on 4
Blade: Kai DE (2) - still sharp and smooth
Soap: Noble Otter Neon Sun
Brush: Vulfix 1000A in Pure
Post-shave: cool rinse, then NO Neon Sun splash, with glycerin and aloe the NO splashes do leave my face a bit sticky, but the post-shave feel, after it soaks in, is quite nice

Have a great Thanksgiving! This user-grade Fatboy was a gift from a friend; the razor was her older brother's razor for many years, so I'm quite thankful for that thoughtful gift. I've used this more than any other vintage Gillette I have.

PXL_20211124_183728845.jpg

InShot_20211124_164612393.jpg

Fall Wednesday neck shave

Preshave: RazoRock Charcoal Lime Pre Shave Soap in shower +Proraso White Preshave cream

Razor: Rockwell T2

Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)

Brush: Omega 10065

Lather: RazoRock RazoRocktober Italian Shaving Soap

Postshave: Osma Alum Block

Aftershave: RazoRock RazoRocktober After Shaving Splash

Notes: Had to join into the theme of the week proper after trying out some soaps I had in que. 2 pass shave (WTG and XTG) with a two little cuts from trying to buff near my beard line. This soap was a limited edition soap released in 2015 that I use a few times a year, still got lots left. It's like the old RR formula but this one has aloe in it, my little cuts are thankful for that

SOTD-WR2-B_2021-11-24.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.35* GT
Blade: Personna Red (7)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A very nice shave. :biggrin:

* I "think" I liked the (shimmed) 1.35 better than the (non shimmed) 1.25…
My shim was a 0.1mm thick Feather blade 19mm wide (1½mm cut off each edge) to match the baseplate and cap width.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

11/25/21 Thanksgiving Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Harvest Moon Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Son of Honeysuckle Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Summer Seasonal
Crown King Freshly Baked Artisan Shave Soap - Loyalty Program Exclusive - Gluten Free!
Phoenix Shaving Phantom Aerolite 26mm Spectral Synth Hybrid Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Phoenix Shaving The META-4 Safety Razor Flare Tip Series 316 L Stainless Clog Proof with Desert Turquoise Tip
Voskhod Teflon Coated Russian Blade - 5th Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Freshly Baked Artisan Aftershave/Cologne - Loyalty Program Exclusive - Gluten Free!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Mentholated Mysterium Serum Advanced Fragrance & Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Shaving "Ray Rum" Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - A Cyber Monday Limited Edition!​

B IMG_9971.jpg

Thu 25 SOTD - Warmest Thanksgiving wishes to all!!
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown - New 1st Use (Another lucky draw win)
Razor RR GC.84 SB with Yaqi Razzo Rocket SS Handle - very nice! (Unbelievable price)
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 1st Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Stirling Executive Man Splash with frost drops.
A very nice calming scent from this cream. The lather is nicely creamy and slick too...it all whips up easily with this new brush with a soft knot and nice ergonomic handle.
The new stainless handle quality is great. Fits perfectly with the GC.84 post. Solid, good grip and the rocket fin-like end is awesome in hand. Overall an excellent handle...hmmm...perhaps better than my fav barber pole now. The shave paired with the blade was just super. Super smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were great too. Excellent session!
20211125_094557.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
88010067-C847-47E7-8CAE-C311804988EA.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) USA: Shaving Cream Gillette Pure Tube.
3) USA: Razor Star DE safety razor.
4) South Korea: Razor Blade Dorco Prime Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) France: Aftershave Balm Gillette Skin Soothing Aftershave Balm.
7) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Arctic Ice Bold Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom