Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Vintage Hishakaku folding Kamisori 6/8
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Clinique Moisturiser
L'Occitane Baux EDT

Jamie

I just couldn't resist the first shave I had with this razor was superb so I just had to give her another run out, fantastic result two pass shave BBS.

proxy.php

Jamie, there's something extra special with these Japanese Westerns. They hone so easily, maintain a magnificent edge, and as you so rightly say, the shave is divine. I've not had a bad one yet. And to finish it off, you post an incredible pic!:thumbup:

proxy.php

Pre Veleiro soap + Razorock XXX + Simpson Duke3 Best + UFO U2 Long with Gillette New and Iridium Super #2 + Myrsol Agua de Limón + Razorock Wax Eucaliptus&Tea Tree

An excellent shave! Yeah, both Razorock are superb products, although I don't like the scents much: XXX reminds me to Nenuco cologne and Wax is almost identical to Vicks Vaporub, hehe

Cheers!

Never smelled the XXX, but it's supposed to be AdP Collezione Barbiere, I believe? No questioning the performance if that is the case.:biggrin1:

It had been almost a week since my last shave as I let my two cuts heal and then relaxed on the weekend. I decided that I wanted something special for this shave, so I broke out one of my newly acquired scents from Manuel (aka Jabonman) - Lima Canela. This soap has an absolutely divine smell. I never would have though of combining cinnamon and citrus, but Manuel did to great effect! I wanted an equally fabulous razor to pair with this soap in tackling a full growth of facial hair, and the Dovo 55 immediately leapt to mind. Just to make sure it was ready, I ran it across the balsa wood strop pasted with CrOx to freshen the edge.

The soap lathered up superbly, just like I've come to expect from Manuel's offerings. The scent filled the den, making me want to just stand there with a beard full of lather. But I need to get to work, so the task at hand begged me. The Dovo quickly went to work, and it deftly swept the copious whiskers away. After two passes, I am clean as a whistle and feel like a new man! I topped it all off with a splash of Lucido and a spritz of Annick Goutal's citrus masterpiece - L'eau d'Hadrien Absolu!

proxy.php

Bill, I couldn't even go for 2 days without a shave, let alone a week. How could you stand it?:ohmy: Anyhow, I hope the cuts have healed nicely without scarring. I have tried the sample of Lima-Canela that Manuel sent me and the scent is fabulous. I need to acquire a full tin soon.

proxy.php

JabonMan Honey-Incense (Test 2) - Simpson Duke 3 - Gillette Old Type - Med Prep - Vitos AS - Dior Homme edt

Bill, I couldn't even go for 2 days without a shave, let alone a week. How could you stand it?:ohmy: Anyhow, I hope the cuts have healed nicely without scarring. I have tried the sample of Lima-Canela that Manuel sent me and the scent is fabulous. I need to acquire a full tin soon.

You do need a tin of this one, of course, Matt's honey-incense test sounds intriguing as well!

I managed to struggle through. It bothers me for a few days not to shave, but after that, I can survive... I still prefer to shave, but once in a while, it's tolerable to skip for a few days. Plus, the resulting shave is smooth and effortless!

* Bill, gorgeous picture and i hope you cuts heal well!

* David, you sure know how to start things off with a bang. Great picture and welcome back!

* Matt, lovely once again!

* James, nice to see you on the SOTD. i hope you having success with the straight!

proxy.php

JabonMan Honey-Incense (Test 2) - Simpson Duke 3 - Gillette Old Type - Med Prep - Vitos AS - Dior Homme edt

Another fine shot, Matt.:thumbup: I had a sample of that JabonMan soap(I think) and hated it. Came across to me as a hospital smell.

P.S. You have posted in the wrong thread, Matt.

Last edited:
13/16 Toyo "Special Razor", Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Custom Simpson Duke 3 Silvertip
La Toja Stick
Cold Water Rinse
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
Terre D'Hermes EdP

proxy.php

It had been almost a week since my last shave as I let my two cuts heal and then relaxed on the weekend. I decided that I wanted something special for this shave, so I broke out one of my newly acquired scents from Manuel (aka Jabonman) - Lima Canela. This soap has an absolutely divine smell. I never would have though of combining cinnamon and citrus, but Manuel did to great effect! I wanted an equally fabulous razor to pair with this soap in tackling a full growth of facial hair, and the Dovo 55 immediately leapt to mind. Just to make sure it was ready, I ran it across the balsa wood strop pasted with CrOx to freshen the edge.

The soap lathered up superbly, just like I've come to expect from Manuel's offerings. The scent filled the den, making me want to just stand there with a beard full of lather. But I need to get to work, so the task at hand begged me. The Dovo quickly went to work, and it deftly swept the copious whiskers away. After two passes, I am clean as a whistle and feel like a new man! I topped it all off with a splash of Lucido and a spritz of Annick Goutal's citrus masterpiece - L'eau d'Hadrien Absolu!

proxy.php

These two pics are simply SPECTACULAR! :thumbup::thumbup:

Prep L'Occitane Cedarwood soap
Razor Vintage Hishakaku folding Kamisori 6/8
Brush Le Tuft 59 in Buckeyed Burl
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
Clinique Moisturiser
L'Occitane Baux EDT

Jamie

I just couldn't resist the first shave I had with this razor was superb so I just had to give her another run out, fantastic result two pass shave BBS.

proxy.php

Jamie, once again a wonderful picture :thumbup:

Monday shave

Sapone da Barba Vegetale alla Mandorla - Omega 80080 - Feather Artist Club RG - Vitos After Shaving
proxy.php

Every time I use this Soap, I think only one thing: The best Soap with Almond scent :001_wub:

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

Are you trying to suggest I need yet another soap, Andi?!:sneaky2::biggrin1:

These two pics are simply SPECTACULAR! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you, Andi! I must admit I was blown away with the bokeh created by my new camera with this lens!

* Bill, gorgeous picture and i hope you cuts heal well!

* David, you sure know how to start things off with a bang. Great picture and welcome back!

* Matt, lovely once again!

* James, nice to see you on the SOTD. i hope you having success with the straight!

Thank you, Celestino. The cuts healed nicely.

A huge +1 to Celestino's comments on others' posts, another busy day for me today!

And celestino, another phenomenal close up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom