What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Mikes's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper // Vintage Hoffritz Barber King 6/8 // Simpson T3 Manchurian Badger // Thayers // Aqua Velva

Magnificent shot, Luis!:thumbup1:

LOL! Thank you very much David! I hope this motivates you to try it out b/c it was simple to do. If i can do such a thing, anyone else can too :001_tongu. Feels great to be back my friend, things have been very overwhelming and not in favor for me. But its part of life and only resolution is to be positive which I am great at! Willing to try? B/c It'll be the first boar shaving brush with the biggest knot at a massive 28mm and correct loft!

And it's good to see you back, Balaji:001_smile:thumbup:

You'll just have to cancel that trip, Bill, no way about it!:001_huh: Work or holiday?

Pure holiday. We are going to visit my in-laws. The beauty of my relationship with them is that they can't understand anything I say, and I understand next to nothing they say. As a result, we get along much better than any son-in-law is supposed to do!

Tuesday

Ikea Bowl ¤ Semogue 1438 ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (67)
Nanny's Rose Geranium ¤ Proraso Soothing After Shave Balm ¤ Ferrari Passion EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen
:001_smile

proxy.php

Your usual very elegant style of pic, Soren!:thumbup1:
P.S. Your Percy Croft quote and your definition of Roaming Steward go very nicely together, don't you think??!!:lol:

Rotbart Mond Extra
with Vintage Punktal Blade (1)
Semogue 830
Bali Stick
Atkinsons English Lavender

Have a nice day! :smile:

proxy.php

Very Nicely Arranged, How's the Rotbart DE compared to say a EJ or Merkur?

Wednesday, 30.v.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Semogue 208
Acca Kappa 1869
Mühle R101 (2009)
Wilkinson Sword
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Savane Vert ASL

proxy.php

That Semogue is pretty Emanuel! Is the knot same as the 830s?

proxy.php

Very comfortable and close shave

Very colorful my friend! Is that a bull mastiff with a Gillette Tech Head? I used to have one but sold it off b/c the blade exposure was too mild with a heavy handle. How do you like it?

Toyo Special | AdP | Torolf | AdP | Profumum Victrix
proxy.php

This will probably be my last SOTD for the next couple of weeks because we leave tomorrow morning for Japan to visit the in-laws. I'll check in when I can, just to make sure David and the others are behaving. In the meantime, enjoy your little slice of ritualistic heaven each day!

What can say Bill, your pictures have a zen effect to it and very pretty!

proxy.php

Razorock Zi' Peppino - Thater 4125/0 - Mergress - Med Prep - Zi' Peppino AS Balm - Slumberhouse Pear & Olive edt (sample)

How is the new line of Razorock SS? I'm afraid to pull the trigger b/c I've tried their other croaps but in the end affects my skin.

29 MAY 2012

*Gillette TECH + Weber Handle
*Super Iridiums
*Chubby 1 in Best
*Mystic Water Bay Rum
*OSMA alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter

How do you like Mystic Water by Michelle? I truly love the stuff next to MNSoaps

13/16 FON Golden Star, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Rodney Neep Kenya Soapstone, 24mm Silvertip
Floris JF Soap
Cold Water Rinse
New Proraso Splash
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

proxy.php

David my friend! Beautiful, just beautiful!

Good morning Gent!

7/8" Geo Wostenholm & Sons Pipe
Strong Set silvertip
Klar's Kabinett shaving soap
Ach Brito Lavanda Eau de Cologne

proxy.php

How do you like Klar Kabinett? That was excellent for a vegetal soap, it reminded of MWF but rose scented!

That Semogue is pretty Emanuel! Is the knot same as the 830s?

Hi!
This Semogue is a vintage model. I have no idea about the type of bristles that it has.
But, to me, it has a strong resemblance with the type of hair used in the 1305/830 models, not only visually, but also the sensations it provides (softness of tips, etc.) are also very similar.

The only difference is that the 208 features a 50mm knot, instead of the 55mm knot featured by the 1305 or 830. That gives it a little more backbone than the 1305 model, for example.

It is one of my favorite boars! :thumbup1: Too bad it is not made any-more.

:yesnod:

Besides the nice Ports, they also have some really nice and friendly ladies giving a guided tour and helping you in the shop :001_smile - and just FYI; the gentlemen were friendly too.
And since I'm not a gentlemen (I don't prefer blonds), I found that the Portuguese women generally were quite nice :wink:

The Port, the women and the weather; I could definitely live in Oporto :biggrin1:

Toyo Special | AdP | Torolf | AdP | Profumum Victrix
proxy.php

This will probably be my last SOTD for the next couple of weeks because we leave tomorrow morning for Japan to visit the in-laws. I'll check in when I can, just to make sure David and the others are behaving. In the meantime, enjoy your little slice of ritualistic heaven each day!

CHEEK!!!!!:lol::lol::lol: Have a good holiday, Bill, and safe travel.
P.S. You should have had that Manchurian sent to Japan!:wink2:

How is the new line of Razorock SS? I'm afraid to pull the trigger b/c I've tried their other croaps but in the end affects

I had a very nice shave today. It's right up there with my favorite Razorock, King Louis. Don't know if it's better -- it's only one shave -- but so far, so good. It is probably my favorite scent from Razorock. Don Marco Or Cumba Cheech tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom