What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A month on and that 1800 hasn't changed a bit, Till!:wink2::lol::lol:
Seriously though, a really great SOTD pic, my friend:thumbup1:
:lol: David that brush is only a week old. I have been wetting it, then drying it (sometimes with a hairdryer) several times each day to get it broken in. It is slowly getting there, and it has become a lot softer.
Thank you, everyones pictures are great, Lately I have just been focused on other things.

:lol: David that brush is only a week old. I have been wetting it, then drying it (sometimes with a hairdryer) several times each day to get it broken in. It is slowly getting there, and it has become a lot softer.
Thank you, everyones pictures are great, Lately I have just been focused on other things.

Only teasing you, Till, from earlier!:wink2: Best way to break a boar in is to just keep using it, but that is a difficult and long process in a rotation. And yes, I bet you'll be glad to have your last exam over!:001_huh:

Memorial Day Shave:

- Restored Klenzo Brush and Gillette Slim - both belonged to my grandfather who was a WW2 veteran
- Med Prep Blade
- Cella
- Kiehl's Blue Astringent
- Myrsol Forumla K

A great tribute to your grandfather, Ben, on your US Memorial Day.:thumbup1:

Razor: Merkur Progress (4,5)
Blade: Iridium (10)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Sir Irisch Moss
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: L'Oreal Hydra Energetic

proxy.php

SIM=:001_wub: Love the shave and the pic! :thumbup1: It took me some time to like the SIM scent, and now it's gone!:mad3:

Monday

Proshave Scuttle
Semogue 2011 LE
6/8" J.H. Potter's NON-XL

D.R. Harris Arlington Shaving Soap
D.R. Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk
D.R. Harris Arlington Cologne

Better late than never :wink:

proxy.php

You've been away with that port buy, Soren, admit it!!!!!:lol::lol:

You've thrown me today, Rune:wink2: Don't usually expect to see your posts at this time of day. Magnificent one it is too! I was beginning to become disillusioned about W&B blades as I have 2 and couldn't get a decent shave from either of them. Taken them back, and back, and back to the hones, and finally.......!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks David :001_smile

Yeah, I usually shave when we've gotten the kids in bed, but I felt for a earlier shave today since I wasn't doing anything particular anyway :001_smile

I had to take this one back a couple times too, but when I got it tuned in it instantly turned into one of the favorites.

Love that EJ brush, Matt.:thumbup1: I had the Georgian handled DE for a while but the balance wasn't quite there for me.

Thanks, David. It's my oldest brush at about nine years. I've used it sporadically during that time. I don't use it much now because I have really been enjoying some of my newer ones. But whenever I use it, I wonder why it doesn't come out more often.

28 MAY 2012

*Muhle R101 2010
*Super Iridiums
*Semogue 2011 LE Bristle #1
*Mike's Natural Soaps Lavandin
*OSMA alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter
*Miles Davis adding blues to this blue, wet Monday in Vancouver! Such a great trumpeter!

Another wonderful pic, celestino!:thumbup1: How many Super Iridiums do you have to last?

Good morning friends! :001_smile

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 26mm Thäter LE (SRP 2011), 2-band, Silvertip Badger
SOAP/CREAM: La Maison du Barbier Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Lacquered bamboo bowl from Burma
RAZOR: 6/8" Mastro Livi, Half hollow ground, Round Point (w/ Boxwood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: L'occitane Vetyver EDT
RESULT: Excellent, BBS shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla

You have a thing for frogs, Bela, obviously!:001_smile Congratulations on another fine pic, my friend!:thumbup1:

QCS Vostok - Semogue 610 - Toyo Scheon Burg #666 - Alt Innsbruck

proxy.php

QCS Vostok followed by a cold rinse is one of the most refreshing ways to wake up in the morning. Add in the AI and the cooling effect just keeps on going.

And if the soap doesn't wake you up, Keith, then menthol kick from the AI most definitely will!:ohmy: One of the best I know for that!:001_smile

Tuesday morning, May 29, 2012

Schick E2 Injector Razor w/ Schick blade (8)
Semogue 1250 boar bristle brush,
MWF shaving soap w/ warm water lather,
finish with cold water rinse for a DFS!

Every time I see your pics, Nick, it makes me realise I need to thin down my soap collection. I love MWF but in rotation, it shows itself nowhere near enough times.:huh:

Good Morning !
~05/29/2012~

Omega Pro 48 (Self Customized) \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ Mitchell's Wool Fat \\ Al Raz's ASB Custom "El Tangerino"

When I don't post, I always get the feeling I'm missing out on something b/c its part of my routine. But happy to post something finally. Do I have something for everyone to try out b/c I did something which enhanced a shaving brush. Anyone can do it and think others should try out as well. I reduced the loft to the bristles of my Omega Pro 48! I believe its originally 70mm and I reduced to the size of my Semogue 2011 LE FBristle 2 which is 55mm. Almost a year ago I sold off my Omega 48 b/c it was high lofted but was an amazing brush. But for $14 why not get another and fix it to my liking. I did and its amazing. Noticed that the hairs do not split and adds a bit of scritch/scrub. Also Its the best lather monster! Sure you load more, but you will not find a brush like this which lathers effortlessly. Well friends, you all have a wonderful day!

proxy.php

Here's a comparison shot of my Omega Pro 48 next to Semogue 11 LE Fbristle 2

proxy.php

Balaji, I passed my 48 on a little while ago for exactly the same reason. Nice brush, great value, but oh, that loft! And from what I can see, my friend, you're in the wrong job!:lol:

Balaji, I passed my 48 on a little while ago for exactly the same reason. Nice brush, great value, but oh, that loft! And from what I can see, my friend, you're in the wrong job!:lol:

LOL! Thank you very much David! I hope this motivates you to try it out b/c it was simple to do. If i can do such a thing, anyone else can too :001_tongu. Feels great to be back my friend, things have been very overwhelming and not in favor for me. But its part of life and only resolution is to be positive which I am great at! Willing to try? B/c It'll be the first boar shaving brush with the biggest knot at a massive 28mm and correct loft!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
proxy.php

Mikes's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper // Vintage Hoffritz Barber Barber King 6/8 // Simpson T3 Manchurian Badger // Thayers // Aqua Velva

Meraviglioso, Luis! Semplicemente meraviglioso!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom