What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my feelings-reason I asked. While a Proraso newbie, I used the old formula this morning and definitely prefer that menthol blast which I could feel for a good hr afterwards. I've been comparing the two this week-the new version hardly does that. Haha I just started using Proraso splashes this week and I've already stashed(hoarded) a backup bottle of the old stuff - I like it that much. The new formula one might have a slightly, cleaner, fresher, less medicinal smell though, but it's subtle.

I am sure there will be some that prefer the "improved" version but I am sticking with the old and trusted one as long as I can.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you, Marco. Yes, I love this new Simpson. Less scritch than the standard Best hair, yet same performance. I didn't ever believe I would say this but my Thater has just been relegated in to second place.

David, as a English Gentleman you should be very proud of your homeland Simpsons. These, in my opinion, are the finest badgers in the World. I personally love both the Best grade of hair and the Super 3 band (Silvertip). My Dukes and Chubbies are the Gold Standard to which I compare anything else.

Your famous SOTD shots is what motivated/inspired me to contribute. This also includes other SOTD shot contributers too. BTW how is the lather from the Nanny's Silly Soap Lemony Lime with Goat's Milk? Does the added goat milk help?

I don't think the goat milk improves the latherability, on the contrary I think it takes a little more work to get a good lather. But I think the goat milk is added for its moisturizing properties more than to help the lather properties.

Great colours and arrangement, Soren!

Thank you very much Maestro :001_smile

David, as a English Gentleman you should be very proud of your homeland Simpsons. These, in my opinion, are the finest badgers in the World. I personally love both the Best grade of hair and the Super 3 band (Silvertip). My Dukes and Chubbies are the Gold Standard to which I compare anything else.

And furthermore, Marco, the customer service is exceptional too, which in today's world is something not always present.

13/16 Toyo "Scheon Burg" #777, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Custom Simpson Duke 3 Silvertip (3-Band)
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Cold Water Rinse
New Proraso Splash
Houbigant Fougere Royale

proxy.php

Beautiful shot, David.

Good morning friends!

PREP: Floïd Sandolor Pre Shave Gel
BRUSH: 24 mm Shavemac D01 Extra Silver Tip 2 Band Version
SOAP/CREAM: Acqua Di Parma Collezione Shaving Cream
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
MAXTERPIECE: Carl Friedrich ERN "ATOR" (w/ Bolivian rosewood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Acqua Di Parma Collezione After Shave Balm
COLOGNE: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
RESULT: Awesome shave

proxy.php
d

Have a nice week,
Béla​

From start to finish, an incredibly fine shave, Bela!:thumbup1:

Sunday

Music
LeAnn Rimes

Hardware
Bukhave Scuttle
H.L. Thäter Bruyére Silvertip
Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (51)

Software
TOBS Lemon & Lime Shaving Cream
Myrsol Agua De Limón
Ferrari Black EDT
Have a nice and relaxing Sunday, Gentlemen
proxy.php

proxy.php

51 shaves with that Derby blade, Soren?!! That's going something!!

What a great shot :thumbup:
The reflections are really great and emphasized by keeping it in B&W.

Thanks, Soren.:001_smile Oddly enough, I don't set out to get the reflections. I just arrange, then move the camera around at different angles. If a reflection occurs, then all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom