What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
David, I don't think that could have sounded more condesending had you tried :lol:

I still feel fairly hungover so it was a big victory for me this morning. It's been a long time since I felt this bad after a night of drinking two nights ago.

What added ingredient are they putting in the Guinness these days, Keith?:001_unsur

Thiers Issard "foroafeitado.com" :: Simpson Duke 3 BB :: Jabonman Sándalo y Lilas :: Weleda ASB

proxy.php
The sun goes down and what a wonderful sight and pic, Jose! Those TIs are outstanding razors.:thumbup1:

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Berkeley
Razor: Wade & Butcher 7/8
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
After shave: Sir Irisch Moos
Results: A splendid DFS+ shave​

proxy.php

Are those scales your own handiwork, Rune? A fine example of a W&B:thumbup1:

Monday, 12.III.2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Semogue 1305
Real Shaving Co. Shave2 cream
Mühle R89
Supermax Blue Diamond
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Real Shaving Co. Daily Soothing Balm

proxy.php

Another fine close-up, Emanuel!:thumbup1: Have you now switched from a morning to an evening shave?

proxy.php

Monday:
Dovo Astrale
Fatboy w/ Shark (2)
Rudy Vey Chubby 2 clone
Razorock Muguet de France (almost done with the tub!)
razorock alum for grip
Old Spice

Now that I know the weeks theme I'll be sure to use my smaller items. This morning's shave went ok but I still cant get the hang of my straight. I know how to navigate my Fatboy though and that proved good enough to get me a 3 pass near BBS. (I get lazy around my jawline lol.)
In other news I'm about 1 or 2 shaves away from finishing my first tub of soap ever! Awesome feeling! Makes me feel like I need to buy more which is always a good thing. Hope everyone's Monday went well!

The straight will shine soon, Chris, trust me! And the same scent again, or one of the other excellent RazoRock Artisan soaps?

This morning:

- Veleiro Pre-Shave Soap
- Proraso Crema Pre & Dopo Barba
- Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Sabão de Barba
- H.L. Thäter 2-Band SRP Edition 2011
- Pils 101NE with Polsilver (2)
- Alt Innsbruck
- The Handmade Soap Company After Shave Soothing Cream

proxy.php

Close-up perfection of a winning combination!:thumbup1:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
A lot of time for family life and a lot of time for work lately. I'm not able to participate as I'd like to my beloved SOTD forum, but I personally want to congratulate with you all. Thanks for your always stunning shots, thanks making this forum so marvellous and special and, finally, thanks to my friends Henry and David for giving their irreplaceable support. Sincerely yours, Marco.

What a STUNNING shot, Mike! Wow!

Thank you Marco. On Sunday I sat in church behind a young couple with a newborn and thought about you! Children really do grow up fast, my youngest is already seven but seams like yesterday we were warming bottles. Congratulations.

When I went thru the T&H sampler, 1805 was my favorite but LOML chose Grafton. It has grown on me and is now one of my favorites as well.

I tried the Grafton cream some 18 months ago and loved the scent. If only T&H made a soap in that scent.

Solgen | Mike's Natural Soap Co. Orange/Cedar/Pepper | Thäter Fan | Sabon ASB | Montale Red Vetyver
proxy.php

First outing with the new soap. It is an all natural soap made with tallow and lanolin. The scent of it is great. The orange/cedar accord gives it a great freshness and the pepper grounds it with a subtle spice. My first pass was not great because the lather I'd gotten was too airy leaving it thin and unstable. So I reloaded the brush and worked the lather between shaves. Pass two was great. The lather worked up to a nice creamy meringue with good structure and stability. After the second pass, I relathered as a post-shave and let the lather set on my face as I cleaned up the gear. By the end, my face was feeling very soft and incredibly well hydrated. I still need to spend some time with the soap, but I think it's a definite keeper. And with the orange and cedar notes, how could I tie it all together? Montale Red Vetyver has me smelling great!

An interesting scent for a soap, Bill. Another early birthday present?:001_unsur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom