What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - West Coast Shaving” July 18th, 2022 to July 24th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD-BRG-Y_2022-07-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 16/47 Silvertip D01
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Gillette Rubie (11)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A very nice shave. :biggrin:
All is well in ZenShaveLand. :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Karve D plate O/C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (6)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 2-band 26mm
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Shave unscented
Shave Soap: Tims Breakfast of Champions
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

SOTD : 23rd July 2022.

j7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather :Geo F. Trumper Violet Shaving Cream.
Blade: Personna PTFE SS. (D4.)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (US)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Blue Stratos ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel./ blue Stratos EdT.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.....Whilst i was picking out items for my SOTD set ups for this week on yesterday i decided to have an annual ruthless den clean discarding various near-used/gone off no longer have any use for shaving assortments, which made me feel better and jogged my scatter-brained memory to start using stuff i haven't gave much attention for a considerable amount of time.

It's been a while since i last used the GFT Violet shaving cream which was kindly gifted to me by a fellow member of TSR forum along with a tub of Edwin Jagger Lime &Pomegranate shaving cream, and some Van Der Hagen Glycerine Mango Luxury Shaving Soap, of which I'll add to my soap rotation in future shaves.

The Ever-Ready 1912. (US) was my introduction to vintage SE razors kindly gifted to me by another member of TSR forum, of which I' am forever grateful for...'The kindness of strangers is a wonderful thing!'

The solid design of these razors & the thickness of the Gem PTFE blade give them great rigidity keeping blade chatter under control which is wonderful. Adding to that, it's so easy to insert & remove a blade.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of blue Stratos EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
75E1E3A8-64A5-49CB-936D-D1EB79931846.jpeg

1) England: Brush Vintage Vulfix Pure Bristle.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Figaro Shaving Cream.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Malaysia: Aftershave Lotion Imperial Leather Aftershave Lotion.

Sat 23 SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershave RazoRock Puros
An aromatic cigarish scented soap...love it. Good match with the aftershave...The lather is acceptable...
Today, I reached my 200 SR shaves with this excellent hunk of an antique razor. Gentle, smooth, and very comfortable to shave with. 3passes for a ccs-sas finish without any issues...
20220723_125423.jpg

SOTD Saturday July 23 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Fougère Nemeta
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Feather (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!

IMG_0277.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, July 23rd 2022

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant with a modified Micromatic handle- Mfg 2017> excellent upper mid range, steep angle approach(riding the bar) with a short handle with a light touch gives stellar results IMO. The razor is a amazing machining work of art with excellent QC made from 316 stainless steel. Once you dial in this razor it will perform well for a person I have found.
Blade : Gillette silver blue(2) sharp and Smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top 5 tier blades for myself.
Soap : Razorock XXX- nice fresh scent with excellent lather qualities. On 3rd tub and will always have some around hopefully.
Brush : Yaqi Red Zebra 26mm synthetic:001_wub:, Luxury face feel about this brush I really enjoy, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel face cleanse with Razorock XXX AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent 24 hr growth shave with my RR Wunderbar SS slant razor with a GSB blade. Steep angle approach with this razor with a light touch works Wunderfully!
SOTD July 23 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom