What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - Trufitt & Hill” July 11th, 2022 to July 17th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
lamplight, torga c5, WR3.jpg

July 15, 2022

Brush:
Semogue Torga C5
Razor: Wolfman WR3 .23 OC
Blade: GEM PTFE (6)
Lather: Chatillon Lux/Declaration Grooming - Lamplight Penance - Soap
Post Shave: Chatillon Lux - Unscented - Toner

SOTD-BRG-P_2022-07-15.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 16/47 Silvertip D01
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Gillette Rubie (8)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A superb shave. :biggrin:

My BRG plated FBT just pushed my NEW RFB off the Number One spot they were sharing… the BRG work and plating has definitely made it "better than new."
After a long rest my tiny butterscotch D01 was fab (feather soft but with good backbone, and a lather monster to boot).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Feather Super Pro (D6)
Brush: M&F 26mm 2-band Blonde
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Tiki Soaps Bay Rum w Lime
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Dominica Bay Rum w lime

SOTD : 16th July 2022.

j3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather : Phoenix & Beau Citra Royale Shaving Soap.
Blade: Schick Japanese Twin. (D6.)
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

(Face & Head Shave.)

Greetings,

New shave set up to start the weekend...I intend to carry on with my tribute month using the Gem Featherweight & the Schick Type G Injector but to feed my urges & need for variety with my SOTD set ups, for the rest of the month i will be adding an assortment of other shaving soaps/creams, ASL's & post shave balms & gels that i haven't used in a while. 'If the truth be told, to start using them up, because I've had some of them for a considerable amount of time, along with the Ever-Ready 1912 (US) "my first SE vintage ER, & the most recently added the Schick I1 Injector 1955-58, another two kindly gifted SE razors, and finally to further my appreciation & enjoyment of these remarkable vintage shaving tools, I'll also be adding my modern Supply V2, & Parker InjRzr to carry on with my eclectic shave set ups.

The P&B Citra Royale soap i haven't used for a while, which provided me with a excellent slick protective lather, with a really nice fragrance which reminds of lime opal fruits/starburst chew sweets, leaving a wonderful post shave feel.

With the mini heatwave we've had in the UK recently my cold water shaves have been refreshing & a great tonic for my mature skin type.

A comfortable face & head shave to start another weekend on a high note...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling divine.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.😎

Sat 16 SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 "Fine India Steel"
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
The lather whip-up from this soap is just awesome! Richly creamy and very slick with a pleasant sage/grass scent!
A very enjoyable shave with this razor. The edge is very smooth and crisp after putting it through the Kanayama strop. 3passes for a dfs-ccs category without any issues. The aftershave is very nice!
20220716_140609.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
E47AA776-2900-4005-8BBB-958891D879F5.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving Tik Tok Tobacco and Coffee Shaving Soap.
3) England: Razor Gillette Plastic Handle Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men Cologne.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Saturday’s Shave

DSC_1636.png

Pre - Hot ‘washcloth & bloom water
Razor - Charcoal Goods Everyday Brass
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Classic (Germany)
Brush - Elite Razor Fire and Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Soap - Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli Shave Soap
Post - Declaration Grooming Yuzu Rose Patchouli Aftershave​

Shave of Day BB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Brush
T&H Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR 2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep Blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Sticking with the Wolfman WR 2 loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. This razor performs great. The razor provided a smooth and efficient shave. I am continuing to use the Seaforth Sea Spice Lime soap. It is a perfect soap for these hot Arizona days. So far, I have used this soap 29 times. The brush is the first brush I bought after joining B&B: a T&H Silvertip. My usual four-pass shave resulted in a BBS shave. Have a good one and a good weekend B&Bers.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday. July16th 2022

Razor : Razorock game changer.84- Mfg 2018> excellent tame mid range, well constructed of 316 SS, machining QC top notch with a nice shave handling, excellent results paired with a Extra wide Kai SS blade drives it up notch in performance, audio feedback is awesome with this blade(sizzling sound of whiskers getting sliced).
Blade : Kai SS (2) extra wide compared to the standard Gillette Astra blade by 9/1000 of a inch or 4.5/1000 per side for that extra efficentcy and blade feel I enjoy using a steep angle, very nice razor with excellent results. Great for those mild razors you have that do not get used as much.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer, nice mid range scent with excellent lather qualities:001_wub:, designed for Yaqi by Master soap creations SA.
Brush : Yaqi Robin 24mm boar bristle brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi musketeer AS:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD July 16 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD Saturday July 16 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Valley Of Ashes
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!
IMG_0210.jpg

Status