Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: WCS Two-Tone Tall Synthetic 26mm
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Proraso White Pre Shave
Soap: Proraso White Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Ice water, Thayers Rose Petal WH, Duke Cannon A/S Balm
Growth: 69 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG, touchup
Rating: 9.6/10

Results: Dark Stag is a discontinued 3-piece safety razor, by a UK Barber equipment company, that was sold exclusively at Sally Beauty Supply stores in the USA. I bought this razor 2 years ago on clearance for $2.50 at the store. Mild razor with good heft & balance. Nice heavy duty stainless steel handle with deep knurled grip, plasma coated with durable glossy black finish. Nickel plated Zamak gold & black Merkur style head.

Paired this mild razor with a sharp Nacet blade & had a DFS result with no nicks, cuts or irritation. Good shave.

IMG_20220705_074009949.jpg
IMG_20220705_083130768.jpg

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Colonial Razors The General Brass\TiBam Titan
Blade: Schick Proline (D3)
Brush: RV Chubby w 30mm Super Silvertip
Scuttle: Yoresh
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Cream: Alvarez Gomez Agua Colonia
Balm: Alvarez Gomez Agua Colonia
Aftershave: Alvarez Gomez Agua Colonia

Wednesday, July, 6, 2022.

Geo F Trumpers, skin food limes, pre shave. Le Pere Lucien, Abricot: Shaving soap & lotion aftershave. Bruji, greek amphora, two bands badger 25 mm fan knote, alumilite resin. The celebrated, Extra hollow ground, carbon steel 10/8, horn scales. Lacoste, jaune 1212, EdT.
450B8D5A-1B9A-44EB-AE1E-64B8EE0154CE.jpeg

My first shave with Green Cult razor - I once again felt the childlike happiness after being surprised with the performance of this razor, it is that good.

This razor is worth a try, especially the currently available plate as it gives me a terrific combination of efficiency and smoothness., the latter versions will come with some changes/improvements.

IMG_20220706_115444.jpg

Please Note: This shave is from earlier this week. Long story short: Things have been a bit crazy, but I expect to eventually talk more about the content below, so it seemed better to post the shave late than never. My apologies for the delay.

2022-07-03D sotd.jpeg

Brush: Simpson Trafalger T3
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra Céfiro A Ventus
Razor: Tatara Masamune OC Plate-Nodachi Cap, Wizamet
Finish: Stirling Executive Man EDT

The razor is a Tatara Masamune OC plate and handle mated with the Nodachi cap. The specs for this combination are a 0.73mm gap and 0.05mm exposure. These specs reminded me of the Karve Overlander, a solid bar which has the same gap and slightly greater exposure, and about which there has been a great deal of very happy buzz. Now, my thinking brain understands that connecting razors by their specs is a connection made with thin thread, but even so, I was curious. I already owned the Nodachi - a top DE favorite of mine - and I have long wanted to try it with the Masamune handle, so I recently splurged and got the Masamune handle and OC plate as well.

The shave, a maiden voyage with the hybrid, was for the most part along the lines I expected. It was not mindless, and yours truly got a weeper to prove it, although it was a weeper that dried up on its own. That aside, the angle was easy to find, the shave was very smooth, and the efficiency was very surprisingly good. The end result was a glass smooth BBS with nothing bleeding by rinse-off time. So now I am really curious to see what kind of story a few more shaves will tell.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
3B74A315-03CB-4E89-9709-8CC3D6CEAA00.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Cella Almond Shaving Cream.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Astra SP.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Adidas Ice Dive Cologne.

Wed 6 SOTD
Soap Signature Soaps Britannia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Kamisori AC Shavette
Blade Feather Professional 6th use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Signature Soaps Hibernia Splash
Wow...super nice soap! Pleasant refreshing scent with slight cooling. So creamy and super slick lather...perfect for this shave!!
Some of my best shaves are from this razor paired with this blade..wow! 3 silky smooth and efficient passes...the only time with a "straight" that I managed a bbs...The aftershaves were just as good too...
20220706_174309.jpg

Wednesday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /Pinaud Clubman Shave Butter
Razor: OREN
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink
Brush: WSP High Mountain White
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Alum/Dickinson’s Hydrating Toner w Rosewater/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom