What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Rudy Vey Shaving” June 20th, 2022 to June 26th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thuesday, June 21, 2022.

Proraso: Crema pre barba; Sapone di barba; Lozione dopo barba; Crema loquida dopobarba. Omega 6152, two band badger. AEVOS 14, Solingen, green Rigarazor scales.

F798CC97-75FC-489F-BF6A-2BDD0BC553F7.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
91AFFB11-ECFB-4D26-B751-F8DEB9515ABC.jpeg

1) China: Brush Frank Shaving Synthetic brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) China: Razor King C Gillette DE Razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade King C Gillette DE blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Jovan Musk Cologne.

Tue 21 SOTD
Cream TBS MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Shick Super Stainless 7th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + TBS MacaRoot & Aloe Gel
Awesome qualities from the cream! Super nice scent with a rich creamy and slick lather...love this!!
Another wonderful shave with this excellent blade paired with one of my top razors. Very smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish..and no issues! The matching aftershave was just great...smell so good!
20220621_134456.jpg

Tuesday June 21, 2022 - Just Shaving June - no Rudy Vey products to show

IMG_20220621_042318.jpg

Razor: Supply 2.0 matte black injector with SE comb plate / Supply Black Label injector blade (7)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: MEWF in Kent beechwood bowl
Post: Rinse, alum, rinse, Portland General Store Black Willow Bark Toner

My last shave was last Monday according to my notes here, so I had a week-long stubble to mow down. Did one-pass-and-done with the injector to bring me back to a DFS smoothness. Alum was silent. The PGS toner is good for extra dryness in the skin when it is getting oily from the heat and humidity.

Overall, a very good fast shave.

Taken through the green of SIM.

Culmak soap, SimFix brush, Yaqi Katana, Treet blade, SIM AS

All these items came via UK sites.

IMG_20220621_122633_1.jpg

Must say the Culmak has yet to fail me. On each use its provided me a thick, slick and creamy lather with just a hint of lavender. Must be my water as I know others have had no luck with this old style cheap soap.

Shave of Day BB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Brush
B&B Contributors’ Brush by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL 13 Mid
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
I used the Seaforth Sea Spice Lime soap for the 12th time and the Henson-Wizamet combo for the 5th shave. Today I am using my most recent Rudy Vey brush: the 2022 Contributors’ Brush. The brush has a Shavemac Silvertip knot. The brush did a nice job of making lather and feels wonderful on my face and head. A nice, BBS shave. Have a good day, gents.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD Tuesday, June 21 2022

Razor : Yaqi Telstar , Upper mid range, bought this on sale and it does have blade feel, I have concluded a steep angle(riding the bar) works well on this razor, well made Zamak head, even blade feel when flipped 180 degrees. Great budget razor head IMO.
Blade : Gillette Astra SP(3) sharp & smooth, excellent longevity.
Soap : Yaqi lemon lime + cedar wood Mentholated- WoW does this stuff freeze the face feel, nice soap for hot days, it is about 2-3 times more mentholated than Proraso green I'm guessing, nice change up for my soaps. Made for Yaqi by Master soap creations S.A.
Brush : Yaqi cavern lake 22mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber, excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Green aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Telstar with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
SOTD June 21 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom