What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Rudy Vey Shaving” June 20th, 2022 to June 26th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Soap: Stirling Shave Co. Mountain Man
Razor: Henson AL13 - Medium
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Aftershave: Proraso balm

C27CFCBA-E8A6-4211-BC82-B14C17B4E72F.jpeg

Very first shave with this Henson AL13 - Medium.

I whipped this thing across my face like a kid playing with a toy lightsaber for the first time.

I have to say I was very impressed! The efficiency of this razor is undeniably. My three pass shave was nick / weeper free and with no rough spot afterwards.

Sunday, June 26, 2022.

Geo F Trumper: Skin food limes; GFT, Shaving cream & EdT. Simpson, Chubby 2, Synthetic bristle, Medallion Yellow. Rehin Mosel Kickuth 100, silver steel 7/8, Solingen. Myrsol, Agua de limon, lotion aftershave. Edwin Jagger, Limes & pomegranate, moisturising aftershave lotion.

4D3B5D3C-A1DB-4328-A0AD-92A0B57325EC.jpeg

Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Soap: Stirling Shave Co. Mountain Man
Razor: Henson AL13 - Medium
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Aftershave: Proraso balm

View attachment 1478424

Very first shave with this Henson AL13 - Medium.

I whipped this thing across my face like a kid playing with a toy lightsaber for the first time.

I have to say I was very impressed! The efficiency of this razor is undeniably. My three pass shave was nick / weeper free and with no rough spot afterwards.
Henson Razors deliver incredible results!

SOTD Saturday June 26, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Gravefruit II
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Personna Kai (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!

IMG_0057.jpg

Rudy Vey Week:

I love this brush! It is the best synth I have used. Hands down. And I have a couple of super nice high end synths, custom made, etc. So the bar was quite high when this STF based beauty came into my life. I even went out afterwards and bought an actual Muhle STF brush to see if it was the knot itself that makes this brush so good? Or is it Rudy, the handle construction, they way the knot is set, etc.? Well, it ain’t just the STF knot, as that Muhle brush doesn’t hold a candle to this one. I told Rudy how I wanted this brush set, and he knocked it out of the park.

Rudy Vey 2022 Contributor’s Brush
B&M Gothique
Charcoal Goods Level 3 Gen 2 Stainless / Copper Anchor handle
Vintage Schick Super Stainless
B&M 42 balm

View attachment 1478198

Well said Sir!

This sets the bar and all of my other Synths have been retired

Shave of Day BB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Brush
B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I used the Seaforth Sea Spice Lime soap for the 17th time and the UK Aristocrat Kai combo for the third time. Today’s brush is the B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey. The brush has a Shavemac D01 two-band knot. It loads like a champ and made a great lather. Have a good day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, June 26th 2022

Razor : Schick e2 injector, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930'-40's, excellent mid range, very light weight (1OZ), still needs a light touch for those close shaves. Favorite of all my injector razors because of efficentcy and short handle + easy cleaning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (1) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice rich sent of Vanilla with hint of tobacco + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Artic sky 24 mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle scrub, excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna blade.
SOTD June 26 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thank you.

The handle is Italian Olive wood and this LE was made for the shave forum "The Shaving Cadre". Unkown how often SV comes out with LE or SE brushes but they do have offer olive wood Manchurian White Badger on their website.
The olive wood handles on their site and the other few sites that sell SV brushes hmmmm how do I phrase this. I'll start over. Your brush handle looks both interesting and engaging, in addition to being beautiful. The sample photos SV has of their olive wood handles don't have either of those qualities.

An example: Saponificio Varesino Olive Wood Super Badger Shaving Brush - https://www.giftsandcare.com/en/super-badger-two-band/6697-saponificio-varesino-olive-wood-super-badger-shaving-brush.html

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
SOTD - Supporting Vendor Week - “Rudy Vey Shaving” June 20th, 2022 to June 26th, 2022
20220625_171854~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General (Timeless Spiral TRH6 Titanium Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray
20220625_171929~2.jpg

Superb Top Tier Shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11822191

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom