What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Merz Apothecary” June 6th, 2022 to June 12th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Supply Provision The Single Edge
Blade: Schick (D6)
Brush: Omega 6240 25mm Silvertip
Bowl: Olivewood 6"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Tallow + Steel Morikami
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Morikami

Sat 11 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Goodwill
Blade Shick Super Stainless New and 1st use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
One of my favorite Stirling Soaps!! Marvelous invigorating scent, nice cooling sensation, rich creamy and slick lather...
Today's shave with both vintage blade and razor was awesome! The blade feels so silky smooth in the razor! It was efficient too. 3passes for a bbs finish with some unfortunate micro creepers. Would have been a perfect shave but it was so comfortable that I pushed abit...and suffers the consequence...ahahaha! The matching aftershave was super good!
20220611_124959.jpg

SOTD : 11th June 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Erasmic Shave cream.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D1)
Razor: Gem Micromatic. (OC)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./ Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & head Shave.)

( Vintage SE Razor & Birthday presents Week.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...carry on with with another vintage SE razor week. Starting with the Gem Micromatic OC...Like all my other vintage SE razors my shaving angle is almost sliding flat against the skin using short strokes with each pass..It does take a few shave's to adjust using vintage SE razors, but it's well worth the effort to do so.

What i like about vintage SE & injector razors is the rigid stability & thickness of the blades which helps to eliminate blade chatter, and gives wonderful audio feedback whilst shaving.

The Gem Micromatic OC is the most efficient of all my vintage SE razors that mows down my face and stubble with effortless ease...However as with any razor i have mentioned in many of my posting's, regardless if it's aggressive or non-aggressive, respect good technique, shaving confidence, & near-no pressure is essential.

The Erasmic Shave cream, P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL is one of two bottle's, along with two Milton Lloyd EDT sprays. i got as birthday present's from family and friends..The O.S. Hawkridge ASL has a musky spice scent which paired together with the mild scented Erasmic Shave cream very nicely.

Another close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face and precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0C5EAF06-16E9-47CB-9E6A-70D389170A8D.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic Brush.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving Tik Tok Tobacco and Coffee.
3) England: Razor Eclipse Red Ring.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Wilkinson Sword.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men Cologne.

Weekend SOTE

Merkur progress 3.5 setting

Gillette 365 blade 2/3rd use

Yaqi 26 mm synthetic

Godrej Chabi round shave soap

Anherb After shave

Alum block to close the cut

365 is like Indian Bic chrome in my view but with even less aggressive blade.

It's smooth no doubt but i felt the blade wasn't sharp enough that it bit me for thinking like that.

I wasn't in a clear mind today shaving and just near the upper lip cut self while doing so.

For some the blade could be a hit or a miss or some in between for me its in between.

Had the blade had some more efficient or sharper then it would be in my goto.

For now its just the way to out blade. Luckily i just got a smaller tuck of 5 blades from Lelow earlier. Will finish this as soon as possible or giveaway to someone nearby.

The shave soap has mild barbershop type scent which is just the perfect blend of neither too hot or neither too cold. For price it doesn't dry the skin as compared to Vijohn/Old spice cream of the double the price.
Too bad it's shutting down first the Godrej shave stick and now shave soap

Attachments

• B007FC06-42B5-4685-A94A-E1647E649AE7.jpeg
    B007FC06-42B5-4685-A94A-E1647E649AE7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sat, June 11th 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Excalibur AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> tame mid range, interesting design for clamping blade, one of my favorite razors, small head design means small parts to handle(I assemble under a wash cloth). Corners of safety bar could of been dulled a little more.
Blade : Schick proline P30(3)- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeers Rapier- nice addictive mid range scent with excellent lather qualities. Designed for Yaqi by Master soap creations S.A. is my understanding.
Brush : Yaqi orbital ring 24mm boar bristle- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 safety bar corner edge scrap or nick=:a17: excellent shave with my V2 Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline p30.
SOTD June 11 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom