What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Merz Apothecary” June 6th, 2022 to June 12th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, June 10, 2022.

Floïd pre shave oil. Saponificio Varesino 1945, Mirto di Sardegna: shaving soap & balm aftershave. Druida, Cernunnos: Manchurian badger extra dense 25 mm., deer horn handle. Mastro Livi, carbon steel 8/8, custom deer horn scales.

F7A3772C-A43A-467A-98DB-F50394330F90.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD Friday June 10th 2022

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar slant, MFG 2017> upper mid range, I use a steep angle (ridding the bar) for this razor because of the large curved head design. Sort handle works well with razor and other aggressive razors I have concluded. Excellent shave today.
Blade : Personna red (2) sharp & smooth with great blade longevity.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice pleasant mid range scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Personna red blade.
SOTD June 10 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SotD

SV Opuntia - Shaving Soap.
Vintage (Georg Hiltner) Thermos Limited Silver No. 24 - Silvertip Shaving Brush.
Vintage Hugo Büchner Mond Extra Silver (No Rotbart) - Safety Razor.
Vintage Halston Limited Sterling - After Shave.
Vintage Halston Limited Sterling - EdC.

-
The Halston Limited. :)
A brutally brilliant fragrance from the mid-1980s.
Incredibly complex yet finely tuned. A fragrance journey that has it all.

There is hardly anything that contains such a symphony of several fragrance components. A classic "can opener" then and still today.

I now know very little that comes close to this fragrance, so I chose the Opuntia shaving soap, which has a basic similarity but is still far removed from the tone of the throat.

The old Büchner Mond Extra, silver-plated, is a bit reminiscent of the old Gillette pocket editions. Quite similar when it comes to shaving.

The old Thermos shaving brush, which weighs a whopping 365 grams, has an ultra-great trimmings. Real silver tip, tightly bound and probably from 1995 in a limited edition, silver-plated with engraving. Everything very, very high quality.

The Georg Hiltner shaving brush factory was founded in Nuremberg in 1895. Very little information can be found online, so the brush including the engraving and the number 24 were probably made in 1995 for employees or for special customers.

-
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

SOTD Saturday June 11, 2022

A really interesting scent profile. For more info on this amazing soap: Valley of Ashes Vegan Shave Soap - https://southernwitchcrafts.com/product/valley-of-ashes-vegan-shave-soap-2/

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Valley of Ashes
Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!
IMG_9903.jpg

SOTD, Friday, June 10th, 2022

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Taylor of Old Bond St. sandalwood shave soap
Erskine badger brush