What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Gifts & Care” May 23rd to, 2022 to May 29th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tue 24 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Persona X Series 16th Use
Aftershave Yaqi Malibu Splash
Very nice scented soap and the lather is just impeccably creamy and slick...
A good uneventful shave with the razor paired with the well-used but still very smooth blade. Efficiency is not as good but still able to get a dfs result in 3passes without any issues. The aftershave is very good too...
20220524_093644.jpg

shave of DayBB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
B&B Essential Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Personna Med Prep Blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
A new razor today with a fresh, new blade. The razor is the STT S-1, and the blade is the Personna Medical Prep. Today I switched to a boar brush: the first B&B Essential Boar. Four passes on my face and neck with no touch-ups needed. A very close, smooth shave. This is the 74th shave with the Ethos unscented soap. The lather was excellent. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Tue, May24th 2022

Razor : Gem Junior bar, Mfg 1907-11, Great tame mid range, very enjoyable shave this morning, Always look forward to using my Lather catchers. They are well built and also enjoyed by folks of that era. Brass & nickel coated construction. I always show the front of the razor but the back side is a work of art with script also as you will see.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice mild scent of vanilla and green tobacco scent.
Brush : Yaqi 24 mm Moka synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD May 24 2022 Gem jr Back.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20220509_080129.jpg

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

05/24/22

Preshave: Shea butter last night and PAA Mentholated Cube in the shower.
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper.
Brush: Rudy Vey 2019 LE Manchurian.
Soap: Martin de Candre Vetyver.
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB / Gillette Fat Tech Handle.
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (15).
Splash: Fine Green Vetiver with a ton of menthol.
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream.
Frag: Guerlain Homme.
Rating: DFS+ 9.7.

Funnily enough the Martin de Candre came from Gifts and Care.

Tues May 24 2022 - MWF May

Razor - Henson Medium / Israeli Personna Super Platinum (1)
Brush - Simpson's Chubby 2 Synthetic Bristle
Soap - MWF in Kent beechwood bowl
Post - cold water rinse; Portland General Store Black Willow Bark toner

The Simpson's Chubby 2 did its usual stellar job of face lathering the MWF. Two easy passes with the Henson Medium DE mowed down a two-day stubble to leave me near BBS. No nicks or irritation. Portland General Store is no longer in business, but while it lasted, it made some excellent all-natural face-care products, including a rather nice pine scented shave jelly. The willow bark toner was one of them. Not the greatest scent in the world - musty bark - but a good acetylsalicylic acid skin cleanser.

Overall a quick decent shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom