What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Gifts & Care” May 23rd to, 2022 to May 29th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage SotD

Vintage Rubberset 200-3 - Shaving Brush (1930)
Vintage Yardley - Shaving Soap (1933-1940)
Vintage Wilkinson Empire 7 Day - Razor (1930-1940)
Vintage Elizabeth Arden "Arden For Men" - After Shave (1965)
Vintage Elizabeth Arden "Arden For Men" - EdC (1965)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

SOTD Thursday May 26, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Pre: None
Lather: TOBS Coconut
Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
Blade: RK Stainless
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!

IMG_9733.jpg

Thursday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Hiram Commander
Blade: Feather Pro (D4)
Brush: Brad Sears w Envy White 26mm
Bowl: ShaveWorks 4.25"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: WestMan Geres
Balm: Moon Soaps Sorrento
Aftershave: TSM Fougère

SOTD : 26th May 2022.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Blade: Schick Japanese Twin.(D4)
Razor: Schick Injector I1. 1955-58

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Final outing of the Schick I1 injector razor to finish my shaving week of on a high.

Both the Schick I1 & Japanese twin blade has provided me with consistently smooth acceptable close shaves with each shave ..The star of my shaving week has been the Schick Japanese Twin blades, they are amazingly good. In the future when i need more injector blades i'll be placing an order for both the Personna PTFE SS and Schick Japanese Twin blades too.. Very impressive blades the best Injector blades i have tried to date.

A comfortable enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB....The Floid Mentally Vigorous & Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB was a superb fresh cooling duo...I have a 400ml unopened bottle of Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL to keep me going for a good while yet.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.

Thu 26 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade Persona X Series 18th Use
Aftershave Yaqi Musketeer Rapier Splash
A very good quality soap with a terrific scent and a rich creamy slick lather...
The shave with the razor paired with this well-used blade was amazing! The blade is still smooth and performing without any signs of being dull. 3passes without any issues for a bbs/dfs result. The matching aftershave was super...
20220526_152655.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DDA0B736-A76F-4E39-ABEF-A7D3E3C3E43A.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic brush.
2) Ireland: Shaving Soap Natural Ireland Seaweed Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Gillette G3 Fatboy.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Crown Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.

15D748C2-7CAE-4F83-AF71-628384F9791E.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, MAY 26, 2022

Sharp is sharp! There is a myth out there that may be partly responsible for the trend towards wider and wider blades being turned out by a number of contemporary razorsmiths. Honestly, the attraction of wielding straight razors - which look like meat cleavers to me - with widths up to 12/8, eludes me. The myth I’m referring to is that heavy, dense whiskers require a heavier wider blade. I may be a contrarian, but there’s nothing like a shave with great, hard, Swedish steel. For whatever reason, a preponderance of Swedish razors were made in the 4/8 width. I own several, and all can be counted on to deliver a great shave. I also have a healthy collection of Japanese razors, and recently acquired my first 3/8 sized blade, a Japanese Pechika 55 made of Yasuki steel.

Yasuki steel is the industrialized version of the famous hand forged tamahagane iron sand steel that Japanese samurai swords were crafted from. Before the ready availability of Yasuki steel, many Japanese razors were made and still are made from imported Swedish silver steel which rivaled tamahagane in hardness, but was more readily available. Honing this little Pechika Yasuki blade felt similar to honing my Klas Tornblom. Because of the very narrow width, I used Kapton instead of my usual 3M 88 vinyl tape on the spine. Yasuki steel is hard requiring almost 40 minutes on the Chosera 1k before I was satisfied with the bevel. From there I went to my Shapton Kuromaku 1.5k, 5k, and 8k. My finishers were my Chosera 12k with a final polish on the Gokumyo 20k.

I’m of Austria-Hungarian/Italian ancestry, and suffer from the notorious 4 o’clock shadow which during my working life sometimes required a mid afternoon shave to prepare for a late afternoon or evening meeting. So yes, I have a heavy, dense beard, although at my age it’s white and not as visible as it used to be. This little Japanese straight razor’s edge was “stupid sharp” as a honemeister friend has been known to say. The three pass mug shave was every bit as good as any of my wider razors and left me beautifully smooth. The two pass dome shave featured my first generation, DLC coated SS Lupo from Italian Barber. Modeled after the original Wolfman, it delivered a very close dome shave leaving me velveteen smooth from neck to noggin.

RAZOR: Pechika 55 3/8 (Mug), DLC Coated SS V1 Lupo (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: BG LE #1 Two Band Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

shave of DayBB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Personna Med Prep Blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is my third shave with the ATT S-1 and the Personna Medical Prep blade. The brush today is my B&B LE by Rudy Vey. It has a Shavemac knot in it. Four passes on my face and neck with no touch-ups needed. A very close, smooth shave. This is the 76th use of my Ethos unscented soap. The lather was excellent. A perfect shave. Have a great day, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom