What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Gifts & Care” May 23rd to, 2022 to May 29th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Karve - Overlander - Aluminium.
Blade: Gillette - Nacet (2).
Brush: Boti - Dual Knot - 24mm, synthetic.
Shaving Soap: Signature - Galava.
After Shave: Mennen - SkinBracer.
After Shave Balm - Mennen - AFTA.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Big Mug.

Stor IMG_0684.jpg

Sunday, 29th May 2022
This mornings setup was the following:
  • Preshave: Hot water and Proraso Cypress & Vetiver PS
  • Razor: Mühle R41, three passes (WTG-XTG-ATG) and some corrections
  • Blade: Personna Platinum #3
  • Shaving Soap: Catie's Bubbles Connecticut Shade Artisan Shaving Soap
  • Brush: VP pure badger, very old
  • Bowl: Mühle porcelain black with crome
  • AS: Dapper Dan Green
  • ASB: Scottish Fine Soaps Men's Grooming Vetiver & Sandalwood ASB
  • Frag: TOBS Sandalwood EdC.
Everything was fitting together. A really comfortable BBS shave.
Result: 10,0/10.

IMG_0101.jpg

6B28554C-4FA4-48DA-A862-54B58FAB956B.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, MAY 29, 2022

Getting ready for the family barbecue at my place tomorrow. We’re expecting the usual crowd of 17, but planning for overflow (i.e. neighbors, significant others of grandkids etc.). I was hoping to have my TR6 ready. My littlest grandkids enjoy tooling around the neighborhood with G-Pop, but it’s just not to be this year! SWMBO doesn’t get it, and keeps telling me to be grateful that I’m here to celebrate it. She’s right, of course, but then again she usually is, as long as she steers clear of my wet-shaving hobby. That is sacrosanct and not open to discussion.

In any case, my mug shave this morning featured one of my absolute favorite vintage shavers, the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16. A friend, Scott (@DaltonGang), from the straight razor thread at TSD had been shaving with one and beginning to develop an appreciation for it. Mine was beautifully restored by David Work a few years ago, and arrived shave ready, although I have long since rebuilt the bevel. Shaving with this razor has always been a joy, as it was this morning! Three very smooth passes put the baby to bed and left yours truly’s mug wonderfully smooth.

Although I have always enjoyed shaving with either my original Enders Speed Razor or the later Durham Enders Speed Shavers, the blade hack using an original de-edged proprietary Enders blade as a shim, while adequate, was never consistently excellent. The Enders adapter has changed all that, and always ensures a consistently excellent shave, as was this morning’s. Two ATG passes sheared away my residual noggin stubble and left me with a pristinely smooth dome! I’m velveteen smooth from noggin to neck!

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 (Mug), Durham Enders Speed Shaver (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Simpson Chubby 3 Sovereign Fibre
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Canoe Original EdT AS Splash.

20220528_075610.jpg

Razor: Schick B3 Repeating Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, May 29th 2022

Razor : Schick adjustable injector, Model3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent adjustable & well made even with the plastic, adjustment dial is placed in the right spot of the razor(out of the lather)- IMO. I get really great shaves on the lower settings I have concluded.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Cyril S Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice great sandalwood scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Artic Sky 24 mm Silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel rinse of residual beard soap + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3 with a Personna coated blade.
SOTD May 29 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, May 29th 2022

Razor : Schick adjustable injector, Model3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent adjustable & well made even with the plastic, adjustment dial is placed in the right spot of the razor(out of the lather)- IMO. I get really great shaves on the lower settings I have concluded.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Cyril S Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice great sandalwood scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Artic Sky 24 mm Silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel rinse of residual beard soap + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3 with a Personna coated blade.
SOTD May 29 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

1939-RFB-Pu_2022-05-29.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: olive wood Shavemac 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Canada
Razor: 1939 Gillette NEW RFB GT
Blade: King C. Gillette (8)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A great shave. :biggrin:
My razor loves its "better than new" cap, that clamps the blade into precise alignment. My olive wood Shavemac was very pleased to join the A-Team again, after such a long break.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD - Hey Mogno!

♫ Hey Mogno, Mogno Italiano hey hey Mogno... ♫

Yes, I know the Soap is not Italian but made in Portugal. But that's the song that I sing when I shave with Mogno.

First time increasing the values for each pass. WTG, XTG, ATG (6-7-8). Smooth shaving up until the 3rd pass. I twisted up to level 8. The razor was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.* The razor bit me on the left cheek. A minor nick that cold water, Brut & American know-how fixed. BBS result. Great Shave!

IMG_20220529_110321589.jpg

Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable (Baby Futur)
Blade: Sharp Titanium (2)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Synthetic 24mm
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Cremo Classic Shave Cream
Soap: Mogno Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Brut Splash, Duke Cannon A/S Balm
Growth: 87 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG (6-7-8)
Rating: 10/10

Hey Mambo! Hey Mogno! Close enough.

* Hat tip George Costanza