What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Elite Razor” May 16th to, 2022 to May 22nd, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD_22.05.2022.jpg

IMG_20220521_110112078.jpg

Who is the Yaqi Top Aggressive Slant for? Demon hunters, daredevils & experienced shavers that want a lot of blade gap, exposure & feel. The Yaqi Slant is considered by many shavers as the most aggressive slant safety razor. It has a very large 1.14mm blade gap & positive exposure. A lot of blade feel.

"Don't Fear The Reaper", Wet Shaving Enthusiasts, Blue Oyster Cult, advise me. Good Technique, a steep shave angle & experience are the keys to mastering this menacing razor. A very efficient shave is the promise of the Yaqi Slant.

For my 3rd shave with the Yaqi Slant, I double stacked my KCG DE blade, by snapping the blade in half in the wrapper & inserted the 2 blade halves on top of each other on one side of the razor. Double stacking helped me to reduce blade chatter & increase blade rigidity along with blade stability inside the head cap by adding more pressure. I also used the light aluminum Lord L5 handle to let the head weight do the shaving without the added weight of my RR HD handle. By making the razor lighter on the back end with more weight on the front end I had greater maneuverability, felt good in the hand, & was easier for me to maintain a LIGHT TOUCH for this Hyper Aggressive razor.

I'm on the "Highway To Hell" warns AC/DC, 7 time Olympic Wet Shaving Champions. Roger that! I decided to confidently shave on. The Yaqi Slant easily mowed down 4 days of growth on 3 passes. Efficient BBS result. No bloodshed. No drama. Finally, from my mirror, Outlaw Wet Shaver, Johnny Cash, advises me that if I don't want my face to feel like a "Ring Of Fire", I should use good moisturizing after shaves. Overall, a Great Shave!

Razor: Yaqi Top Aggressive Slant 💀
Blade: KCG blade (1) Double Stacked
Brush: Je&Co Synthetic Brush 24mm Extra Dense Knot
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Cremo Classic Shave Cream
Soap: Pedro Fiasco Pomegranate & Wood by Ariana & Evans
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger After Shave, Gold Bond Pure Moisture Lotion
Growth: 93 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
Rating: 10/10

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Hiram Commander