What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Elite Razor” May 16th to, 2022 to May 22nd, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birthday Shave 2022

- Gillette Red Tip Superspeed (A birthday gift to myself from a few years back)
- Gillette Aussie Spoiler (A-2 1984 - Some have birthday razors, I have birthday blades hehe)
- Classic Edge Bay Rum Shaving Cream
- Vie-Longue Horse Brush
- Gillette Series Wild Rain Aftershave (A gift from my late Grandpa)

Very relaxing & comfortable shave. *thumbs up

View attachment 1459149
Happy Birthday...Have a wonderful day.

SOTD : 21st May 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: LEA Classic Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade : Schick Japanese Twin.(D1)
Razor: Schick I1 Injector. 1955-58
Postcard: Parakeet from Carracas.

Cold water Face & Head Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel ./Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT.

Greetings,

(Face & head shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave with the Schick I1 Injector razor which was kindly gifted to me by a fellow member of TSR Shaving forum (UK) along with a fresh Schick Twin Injector blade, with it's magazine containing a few extra blades, the LEA classic shaving cream and last but not least the Parakeet from Carracas Postcard of which i will added into my collage glass clip frame of other postcards i have received from family & friends over the years that is hung on my kitchen wall.

I shall be using the Schick I1 & Schick Japanese Twin blade with all my Shave's throughout the week to adjust and familiarize myself with them.

The Lea Classic sensitive Cream i found superb. It provided a wonderful slick protection with no drying out issues inbetween each pass. The sandalwood scent is different comparing it to the Proraso sandalwood scent it's more of a light fresh sweet scent, with a nice mild menthol kick feels cooling which could be used all year round...I will purchase the matching splash in the near future.

What instantly impressed me about the Schick I1 was it's immaculate condition... Like the Schick G type i found my shaving angle which feels quite natural i instantly felt comfortable and at ease.

The audio feedback you get from the razor make's the razor sound more aggressive than it actually is.

The Schick Japanese Twin blades are incredibly smooth and efficient comparing them with the Parker SS & the Personna PTFE SS...Very impressive.

As i have mentioned many time's in my postings i love the audio feedback and feel you get from vintage SE & injector razors. It's a very satisfying sound and more importantly it's reminding me that i'm using the correct shaving angle.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT to the chest & pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
B627DCF3-55D3-468A-AA01-DF0FD1DA9591.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Ireland: Shaving Soap Natural Ireland Seaweed Shaving Soap.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men Cologne.

Sat 21 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 'Steamship' Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + B&M Chypre Splash
This soap smells amazingly grand! The lather is richly creamy and slick too...nice!
A very enjoyable & satisfying shave with this razor. Very smooth and comfortable. Somehow, I find shaving with a heavier grind is becoming my preference. 3passes for a dfs/ccs without any issues. The matching aftershave was just super...
20220521_111645.jpg

Birthday Shave 2022

- Gillette Aussie Spoiler (A-2 1984 - Some have birthday razors, I have birthday blades hehe)
- Vie-Longue Horse Brush

View attachment 1459149
Happy birthday!
Enjoy the day!
Besides, that's a sweet Red Tip ❤️

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Birthday Shave 2022

- Vie-Longue Horse Brush

View attachment 1459149
proxy.php

Birthday Shave 2022

- Vie-Longue Horse Brush

View attachment 1459149
Happy Birthday!!!!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
SOC Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Med Prep Blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
JC Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Fourth day in a row with the Wolfman – Med Prep combo and fourth excellent shave. Four passes on my face and neck with no touch-ups needed. Close and smooth shave. The SOC boar did a fantastic job of making a rich lather. This is the 71st shave with the Ethos unscented soap. The lather was excellent. Today I tried a new ASB: Duke Cannon. It feels nice going on and gives a mild, cooling sensation on the face. I picked this up at a local Target store. A perfect shave. Have a great day, folks.

Saturday May 21, 2022 - MWF May

Razor: Supply 2.0 matte black injector with SE comb plate / Supply Black Label (3)
Brush: APShaveCo Elegant Emerald with APLuxury 24mm mixed badger/boar knot
Soap: MWF in Kent beechwood bowl
After: alum and water rinse; Thayers Witch Hazel and Polar Ice Booster

proxy.php

This morning's shave was simple, quick and good. Two passes to a near BBS: WTG everywhere for the first pass, then XTG on the face and ATG on the neck to finish. Alum was silent.

The mixed boar/badger knot worked well, as did the Supply Black Label blade on its third outing..

This was the same setup as what I used on Wednesday night, except I finished with a light spritz of Thayers Witch Hazel followed by one of Polar Ice Boost

Happy Birthday!!!!

Happy Birthday...Have a wonderful day.

Happy Birthday :happybday:

Best wishes for your Birthday, be healthy and be safe!

Happy birthday!
Enjoy the day!
Besides, that's a sweet Red Tip ❤️
Sweet Red Tip, indeed. :D
I bought it, here, on the B/S/T, about 7-8 years ago. It's been in my rotation ever since.

Thanks, folks :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, May21st 2022

Razor : Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72, Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, excellent design made from 316 stainless steel, easy to work under the nose area. I'm glade I bought this razor and has been very enjoyable, a sharp blade works well for myself.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP (4)- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice unique scent + excellent lather qualities. Designed for Yaqi by Master soap creations SA.
Brush : Yaqi orbital ring 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle with some scritch, nice scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Muskteer AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Gillette 7oClock SP.
SOTD May 21 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

5/20/22
Proraso Green Shave Soap
Zenith B16
FaTip Grande
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (6)
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Proraso Green Splash
Proraso Green Balm
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling
SOTD5-20-22.jpg