What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Elite Razor” May 16th to, 2022 to May 22nd, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday
Pre-shave: Anthony Glycolic Facial Cleanser /Pinaud Clubman Shave Butter
Razor: Q Shave Futur Clone
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Yaqi High Mountain White
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Witch Hazel & Aloe Vera/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Jack Black Clean Break Oil-Free Moisturizer

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Med Prep Blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack Face Lotion
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Third day in a row with the Wolfman – Med Prep combo and third perfect shave. Four passes on face and neck with no touch-ups needed. This is the 70th shave with the Ethos unscented soap. The Ethos Lavender lasted for 77 shaves but the unscented looks as if it will go longer than that. A perfect BBS shave – smooth and clean. Have a good day and weekend, B&Bers.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, May 20 2022

Razor : Valet Auto- strop, C1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, excellent mid range, I modified the gap to 6-7/1000 from 11/1000 of a inch to make it more smoother a shave, I get great shaves with this razor with the closer gap and is a joy to own.
Blade : Modified Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier - nice scent with excellent lather qualities, excellent soap designed by Master soap creations is my understanding for Yaqi.
Brush : Yaqi mysterious space 24mm silvertip, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle scrubber +excellent lather painter. One of my best brushes from Yaqi for natural hair.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Valet- Auto strop with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD May 20 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Abbate Y La Mantia Garibaldi
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (14)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Phoenix & Beau Iceni Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924 EdT

First shave with an Abbate Y La Mantia soap. It is a croap of medium consistency. Two initial observations - it loads better direct from the tin rather than scooped, and the lather is very dense and relatively low profile, similar to the Barrister and Mann Reserve soap base. Once I had this sorted, I was most impressed with this soap. Very slick, good cushion, good glide, and good residual slickness, particularly for a vegetable oil-based soap. Post shave was excellent - very luxurious.
The scent is really nice - off the puck, I get fresh citrus and tobacco, with hint of the saltwater marine theme also evident. Once lathered, the tobacco note becomes more intense and slightly medicinal, which works brilliantly to balance the slightly sweet citrus notes. Masterful blending - the Italians are so good at this.
Also the first use of Phoenix & Beau Iceni aftershave lotion. I am a fan of Phoenix & Beau aftershave balms, but only recently have I got my hands on their aftershave lotions. It is a very nice product; refreshing and moisturising, and Iceni is a delightful scent. It reminds me of Pitralon Classic, but is more complex. What fragrance to complement the scents of the soap and aftershave? The choice to me was clear - Boellis Panama 1924.

What a great shave!

SOTD

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Pre: None
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!
IMG_9695.jpg

20220106_083732.jpg

Razor: Personna Floating Head Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Elite Razor Kingman Turquoise, Manchurian White fan
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

As part of the Elite Razor SOTD week, I had a wonderful shave today using this wonderful knot from Elite, a 28mm HMW set in a Turn N Shave handle.

5/20/22 SOTD

Timeless Ti .95 SB
Feather
Elite Razor 28mm HMW in a Turn N Shave handle
Ethos Lavender
Hyaluronic Acid
Lucky Old Man
IMG_3190.jpg

Last edited:
Birthday Shave 2022

- Gillette Red Tip Superspeed (A birthday gift to myself from a few years back)
- Gillette Aussie Spoiler (A-2 1984 - Some have birthday razors, I have birthday blades hehe)
- Classic Edge Bay Rum Shaving Cream
- Vie-Longue Horse Brush
- Gillette Series Wild Rain Aftershave (A gift from my late Grandpa)

Very relaxing & comfortable shave. *thumbs up

Shave-20.jpg

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: GEM Junior Bar\ER Turkish Walnut
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D6)
Brush: Shavemac Extra Stuffed D01 24mm Flattop
Bowl: Black Ship Grooming 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Holy Black True Grit – Coffee
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Rainforest
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Beaudelaire
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè