What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Colonel Conk” May 9th to, 2022 to May 15th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thu 12 SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Parker 26C OC
Blade Persona X Series 8th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HeV-CCC Balm
One of my top 3 cigarish-scented soaps! What a lovely aroma...overdid with the lather...hahaha!!
Another good shave with this blade when paired with the razor. Easy smooth and very comfortable. This blade has been excellent going atg. The result was primarily bbs finish in 3passes. The matching aftershave balm ensures a lasting enjoyable aroma...
20220512_210531.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, May 12, 2022

Razor : Yaqi Knights helmet- Mfg 2019> aggressive range, Very interesting razor, There is lots of blade exposure yet it I did not really feel threatened by this. The razor was designed with a smaller user window angle so when riding the bar shaving(steep angle) you can easily regulate the blade feel how much a person wants IMO. I had no problems using it without issue, must be getting conditioned on using aggressive razors with my modified technique. I also used a short handle (2 3/4 inches) that helps in riding the bar technique because it reduces leverage and easier around the bottom of the neck collar bone area and also chin contours IMO. It still commands a light touch when shaving and that is what I use with good success.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(3) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream- nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Makes great ubber lather(mixed with remnants of another soap)
Brush : Yaqi Ferrari 24 mm boar bristle- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, great scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Knights helmet with a 7oClock SP blade.
SOTD May 13 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD Thursday May 12, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Pre: None
Lather: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette 195 E4
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!
IMG_9663.jpg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Razor: Geo: Wostenholm & Son
Brush: Col. Ichabod Conk boar
Soap: Nil

I feel Col. Ichabod Conk came out with a great boar brush
decades ago. This bad boy hits all the right notes. It’s durable as all heck (mistreated) perfect size for my face, enough backbone and has become super soft over time. It always delivers and I’m taking better care of it now.
46F06588-827A-4D51-98AB-4B155E39EBA8.jpeg

20220511_083256.jpg

Razor: Schick J4 Eversharp Hydro-Magic 500 Ivory
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

SOTD Friday May 13, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Pre: None
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
Razor: Henson Mild
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!
IMG_9664.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Modern May Challenge

Tonight’s shave
RazoRock BBS
Permasharp Super (4)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Whipped Dog 30mm Silvertip boar brush
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: Col Conk Unscented, face-lathered
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream

I mowed the lawn. My shift ended, but the Sun was working overtime. I’m sensitive to grass and urushiol oil, so the end of every mowing quickly leads to shower going.

I filled a cup with cool tap water and partially submerged the bristles of my Whipped Dog piggy brush before playing with the lawnmower due to a hunch that cold water softens pork bristles more slowly than heated liquids.

Lawn mowed and shower had, I transferred the brush from the coffee cup to bowl of Col Conk Unscented and swirled the bristles on the surface until water released and reabsorbed into the bristles. Lathered up and played with my safety razor.

Less than 24 hours passed, my previous shave had ALL THE PASSES PLUS TWO CLEANUPS, and a sunburn has assaulted my skin (but the Sun does my driveway solids during the Winter, so it’s all good), and I grabbed the fancy razor with the grouchy cousin of the Nacet.

ATG pass with slight ATG cleanup and I was ‘close enough’ for the win!

Last edited:
SOTD - Thursday May 12, 2022

IMG_20220511_142416033_HDR.jpg

Razor: 1958 Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Omega 10049 Boar Brush
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, VDH Shave Butter
Soap: Col. Conk Lime Glycerin Shave Soap
Aftershave: Brut Splash, Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Aftershave Balm
Growth: 66 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
Rating: 9.3/10

Results: In honor of SOTD Colonel Conk theme week, I shaved with Col. Conk Lime Glycerin Shave Soap. Debut of Brut splash. Great scent! Reminds me of Pinaud Clubman. It's nice to smell nice. Mild vintage razor, sharp & smooth blade, and value soap delivered a DFS result. No bloodshed or drama. Nice Shave! Watching the Sixers/Heat Game 6 playoff game. Who can forget Wet Shaving & 76ers legend Allen Iverson's epic "We talkin' 'bout soap!?!?" rant? The Conk ain't got no highfalutin' shave butters, just good respectable slick lather that lets you get your shave on. Good performer. I respect the Conk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom