What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - “Captain’s Choice” May 2nd 2022 to May 8th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
Rudy Vey synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
GFT Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Second day in a row with the Mergress and Personna Med combo and another great shave. It is as if the Personna Labs and Med Preps were made for this razor! 58th use of the Ethos soap. This is one nice soap. Four passes on my face and neck and two on my head and the result was a perfect shave. Have a great day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, May7th 2020

Razor : Yaqi Mercury chrome head with a Rocket handle, Great mild>tame mid range, well built and designed head, good chrome coating, easy to find sweet spot angle, good for buffing & overall accuracy of blade centered is good & I bought on a recent sale whim. Very little blade feel but very efficient from audio feedback + results where excellent IMO.
Blade : Gillette 7oclock SP(1) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade.
Soap : Tabac, nice mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities. This soap has been around for some time.
Brush : Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent comfortable shave with my new Yaqi chrome Mercury razor with a Gillette 7oClock black.
SOTD May 7 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
SOTD: 05/06/2022

Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Stirling Kong
Bowl: CaYuen Nebula Bowl
Soap: Stirling Weekend in Malibu
Aftershave: Stirling Weekend in Malibu Aftershave
Additional Care: Osama Alum
Additional Care: ZM Rescue + Hydration

9F5F30DF-9844-4B06-9ABC-6852E7452C98.jpeg

Agreed!

I have wanted one for a couple of years but they aren’t stocked in Canada yet. If shipping from the US to Canada wasn’t stupid expensive, I would own a copper and one of his other bowls. They look amazing and everyone loves them here. I haven’t heard a single bad thing about the Captain’s bowls.
This was the one purchase I just had to make. It was in stock at Shave Nation so I bit the bullet so to speak. When all was said and done (shipping, Duty) I spent about $100 on the bowl. The Captain's Choice Copper bowl is awesome and it's the last word in bowls for me.

SOTD

Yaqi final cut adjustable
Razolution blade
Barrister and mann soft heart figarose set
Alpha outlaw brush
Captains choice obsidian copper shaving bowl

The yaqi final cut adjustable is the cheapest adjustable razor I have purchased from ali express. I really can't complain.

Started at setting 3, and it was nice. Mild with the right amount of blade feel.

Down to setting 2/1 to go ATG and all was good.

Blade alignment and adjustment was great.

If you want a cheap adjustable or not tried one and want to get a really good adjustable for an excellent price get one.

20220507_172440.jpg

photostudio_1651792601795.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1922 New Improved Gold New Standard Set
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

5/6/22
La Toja Shave Stick
Vie-Long 14080
Schick M1 Adjustable Injector Razor
Ted Pella Injector Razor Blade (9)
Omega Alum Stick
La Toja
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue
SOTD5-6-22.jpg

5/7/22
Green Mountain Soap Co. Balsam Spice
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
11/16 Ed Wusthof #83
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Old Spice
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD5-7-22.jpg

SOTD #100/2022
05-May-2022

■ Mistura May Madness ■ Modern May Challenge ■
20220507_155614-01.jpeg

For today's shave I broke out a new razor, Timeless Slim 0.5 OC. It's my first Timeless, but I'm really impressed by the fit and finish. This shiny thing provided a stunningly close shave. 36 hours worth of growth vanished in course of two passes. BBS.

Have a great start into a sunny weekend & happy shaves!

SOTD 20220507
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: The Varlet Everset
Soap: XPEC scented
Razor: Blutt BR1 on Jürgen Hempel Goliath TI
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Colonia pura

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco