What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - Bullgoose Shaving” July 25th, 2022 to July 31st, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again B&Bers!

For the last few months, we have been showing our support and thanks to our amazing B&B Supporting Vendors (who are instrumental in helping keep the lights on around here). It was fun to provide the community with the opportunity to show off the excellent gear that we all have accumulated from these fine folks.

This Week’s SOTD Theme Week is all about Bullgoose Shaving! They offer shaving soaps/cremes, razors, blades brushes and much, much more. They offer the big brands like Simpson and Thater brushes, D.R. Harris and Saponificio Varesino soaps and many other top brands. Excellent selection of all things shaving to say the least. Their Mergress razors are one of my favourite razors of all time. Very cool and unique and worth a look for sure. Bullgoose is based in the beautiful Redondo Beach, CA and have been in business since 2009. Phil ( @BullGoose ) has been an active B&B member since 2008!

Let’s see your Bullgoose products if you have them. If you don’t have anything from them, go to their website @ https://bullgooseshaving.com or their B&Bstore @ https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/forums/bullgoose-shaving.317/ to show some love for this outstanding B&B supporting vendor.

If you don’t have anything from this fine B&B supporting vendor, please still post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it.

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged.

Let’s see some love for Bullgoose Shaving!

SOTD Monday July 25 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Tres Matres
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Gillette SharpEdge (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have a great day!
IMG_0302.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (1)
Brush: Bethlehem Olivewood w 26mm HMB
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap Viking Soaps Citron Iced (Koolada)
Balm: Proraso White ASB
Aftershave: Pereja Limon Cicegi Kolonyasi

Mon 25 Shark Week 🦈 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock SLOC on Yaqi Razzo Rocket Handle
Blade Shark Platinum 1st
Aftershave A&E Kaizen Splash
Fantastic soap for the scent and a rich creamy & slick lather...together with the matching splash...beautiful!
Found only 1 of these shark blades among my many and paired with the razor gives a nice smooth shave. 3passes for a mostly bbs finish with 2 weepers...this shark bites!!
20220725_084854.jpg

5B12E9E7-E3A1-42E0-8672-CEAA54475348.jpeg

This one has been a long time coming folks! I have had my eye on this razor for about two years and I’ve always talked myself out of it. I didn’t want to spend $60 on something I wasn’t sure I’d enjoy shaving with. I thought about testing the waters with a cheaper shavette, but I knew that ultimately I would want the Focus Slim. I know there are differing opinions on it’s looks, but I’m super impressed with the design. I think it’s handsome as all get out and a quality build! I’ll have to get used to it, but I think things went pretty well for my first barber razor shave. Did one pass WTG, then finished off with a DE. Looking forward to trying a few different blades and getting some more practice with Lil’ Slim Shady!!

EA860CEE-6AFB-47E8-A93E-87C554A09101.jpeg

It was also my second ever shave with ARKO…but I’ll post about that elsewhere 😁🖖🏼💈

SOTD

Yaqi Tux knot
Colonial general ac racor
Feather pro gaurd
Stirling sample
Nivea deep impact
Loads the same amount as last time of proraso with a tux knot this time.

Did palm lathering and the lather did bloom well albeit it lasts only a pass.

The blade is smooth but dull for an ac razor had to go for an extra pass.
People who go for daily would love this.

With the size of the knot i feel it takes good amount of cream/soap which is a plus point for me as the soap would get over sooner

As always shave then shower amazing feel of shower on freshly shaved face

Attachments

• AB881A55-E5FB-4373-869E-32B8DD5DB5D3.jpeg
    AB881A55-E5FB-4373-869E-32B8DD5DB5D3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
4ECDC00C-3DF2-4196-9143-1876BAF34179.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Shark Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Menthol Monday

DSC_1906 (1).png

Pre: Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor: Gillette '40s Brit. Thin Handle Flat Bottom Tech Set #25
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword made in England
Brush: Spiffo! "Castillo" African Blackwood 24mm HMW SHD Fan
Soap: ‌Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite Shaving Soap

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /Pinaud Clubman Shave Butter
Razor: OREN
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG Pink
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Alum/Dickinson’s Hydrating Toner w Rosewater/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

91A9964D-5F75-4008-A85E-AD38BEAF3121.jpeg

Been three or four days since my last shave. A bit lazy, a bit just didn’t feel like it. Actually had been putting off hanging my new medicine cabinet/mirror. Finished it last night and stocked it up.

PreShave
CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap, Phoenix Shaving
Soap
Sterling Baker Street soap
Brush
RazoRock - Chrome Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
Razor
RazoRock German 37 Slant Razor
Blade
Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum Coated
Aftershave
Sterling Baker Street After Shaving Splash

Decided to go on the offensive and attack, with a lethal combination. RazoRock German 37 Slant Razor teamed with a Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum Coated Blade on a bed of Sterling Baker Street shaving soap. Mixed in my Captain’s bowl with my hefty RazoRock - Chrome Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush.

Resulting in a fantastic BBS!

Have a great shave! - Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom