What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - Blackland Razors” April 25th, 2022 to May 1st, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD Fatip Friday 4/29/2022

Razor:
Fatip Piccolo Nickel Open Comb
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (Yellow) (3)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Synthetic 24mm
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Proraso White Pre Shave
Soap: PdP No. 63
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Aftershave Balm
Growth: 67 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG
Rating: 9.7/10

Results: Quick afternoon Fatip Friday shave with my favorite razor, the mighty Piccolo. No time to chase the baby. Combined with the sharp & smooth Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow SharpEdge achieved a DFS+ result. PdP No. 63, triple milled long lasting shave soap, lathers easily producing peaky, slick, moist lather. Warm & spicy scent. Good post shave skin feel, moisturized. Good performer. Aqua Velva is a nice cooling & spicy compliment to the soap. Very Good Shave.

IMG_20220429_083928193.jpg

Sat 30 SOTD
Soap Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush Spiffo Manchurian
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Southern Witchcraft Samhain Splash
Beautiful lather from this soap! It was rich creamy slick with a nice delicious scent...whipped up easily by the super soft badger!
The shave with this razor after stropping on the Kanayama was very nice! Buttery smooth and comfortable. Some say a wedge is like shaving with an axe but this axe is really gentle 😄 I just love hefty razors. 3 enjoyable passes without any issues for a dfs/ccs result. The matching aftershave was super...
20220430_124828.jpg

P/S: My cat is admiring my shave den and wondering what the fuss is all about...😆😆
20220430_125409.jpg

Last edited:
D2F83A15-F482-492C-BCCB-A2D9D77A563F.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, APRIL 30, 2022

As I was going through my DE blade collection, I found these oldies but goodies circa 2012. Sharp Star blades, as the name implies, are sharp and incredibly smooth. Not in the same league as Feather, but no slouch either. They mated with Madame Barbasol for a magnificent noggin shave. Nothing need be said about the Wade & Butcher 13/16 mug shave, every bit as good….

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 13/16 (Mug), Barbasol Floating Head (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: A&E Shaving Butter
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
Paladin Lotus.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ti22 - Medium
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack Face Lotion
Fragrance
GFT Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
I ditched the RK blade and replaced it with a Personna Lab. The shave improved 100%! A nice, smooth BBS shave. 51st shave with the Ethos soap. It is showing a significant hole in the middle. I really like this soap.
I’m getting used to the Everyman Jack Lotion but don’t think I will replace it when it is finished. Have a good one, gents.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, April 30th 2022

Razor : Yaqi V2 Tile 316 SS head- Mfg 2021> mild range razor, I use a extra wide Kai blade to knock it up a notch for slightly more blade feel, well built on this version for QC, looks similar to a Henson razor. I seem to get excellent shaves with this razor.
Blade : Kai SS (10) excellent blade, wider by 9/1000 of a inch or 4.5/1000" per side. Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX- one of my favorite scents with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi 24mm mysterious space silver tip:001_wub:- excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather generator.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi V2 Tile razor with a Extra wide Kai SS blade.
SOTD April 30 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Morris & Forndran Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: Czech and Speake No 88
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Pitralon Classic Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Floris Elite EdT

The forte of this M&F Tigris brush is triple milled hard soaps, thanks to its dense knot and strong backbone. And they don't come much harder (or better) than the Valobra tallow base used by Czech & Speake.
A luxurious shave.

SOTD Saturday April 30, 2022

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Razor: Henson Mild
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Razor: Gillette Styler
Have an awesome Saturday!

IMG_9545.jpg

photostudio_1651174178812.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1922 New Improved Silver Richwood set
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Rose Petal

SOTD #095/2022
30-Apr-2022

■ Adjustable April ■
20220430_125410-01.jpeg

My final shave of this year's Adjustable April was a stunning one, the month couldn't ended better. Three passes with the Rex Ambassador made my skin feel like the one of a young dolphin.

Enjoy your weekend, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom