What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - AP Shave Co.” April 18th, 2022 to April 24th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
20220423_170027.jpg

Sunday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor B2
Blade: Schick (D7)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 3 Step 26mm
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Holy Black True Grit – Coffee
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Black Ship Grooming White Whale
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming White Whale

SOTD Sat 4/23/2022 - Debut Yaqi Flipside

IMG_20220423_111454326_HDR.jpg

Razor: Yaqi Flipside
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (2)
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic 24mm
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, Cremo Classic Shave Cream
Soap: Stubble Buster Evocative
Aftershave: Skin Bracer, Duke Cannon A/S Balm
Growth: 75 hours
Passes: WTG open comb, XTG closed comb, ATG closed comb, touchup open & closed comb
Rating: 10/10

Results: Debut shave with the Yaqi Flipside with Roman Empire Shaving Caesar handle. A Dual Comb Dual Aggression Level Razor Head. Open Comb level 3 aggression. Closed Comb level 5 aggression. Former Youtuber DE Shave Talk with Kit, inventor of the Yaqi Beast, named this razor, the Flipside. I Shaved WTG Open Comb, XTG Closed Comb, ATG Closed Comb, Touchup Open Comb & Closed Comb. Dolphin Smooth BBS Result. One of the best shaves of 2022! Great Shave!

470658A7-C66C-44AE-AB34-FB8ADD57CF4D_4_5005_c.jpeg
D40FC38D-805E-4AFA-8CF2-1EB47C7933AA_4_5005_c.jpeg

Now that I have the Yaqi Flipside, I plan a future shave with the Yaqi Beast 2 variant, invented by Mad Scientist @Ron R deep in the dungeons of B&B.

2 days work on a beautiful island
23 & Sun 24 SOTD
Soaps Yaqi Hypnotic Blue & Malibu
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Yaqi AC SE
Blade Feather ProGuard 3rd & 4th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Yaqi Hypnotic Blue & Malibu Splash
Wonderfully nice soaps with a nice scent and rich creamy slick lather...
This razor paired with the blade gives the best shaves...always! Super easy, silky smooth and very efficient. 3passes for a bbs finish on both days!!
The matching aftershave was super...
20220424_123117.jpg
20220424_122756.jpg

SOTD : 24th April 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Chantry Lavender Goat's Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face Lather.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !"Lime Burst Shaving soap.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Muhle R89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Aqua ASL./Aloe Vera Gel./Milton Lloyd Essentials No9 EdP.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another excellent smooth performance from the Feather Hi Stainless...My judgement & opinion of them on my second week of focus using them has went from being very undecided about them, to thinking they are an outstandingly smooth efficient blade...

I have mentioned before if i had to have only one DE Razor the Muhle R89 would be a very strong contender...I will always have a soft spot for the Muhle r89 & Merkur 34c as both razors helped me to develop my technique and gain my shaving confidence when i first started out. For that reason alone i will never part with either razor.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No9 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.

Stay Safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
4202581B-70EC-42B4-841A-BE7A3FE0B019.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic brush.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Derby Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Gillette Y2 Black Beauty.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Racer Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Schick Sunday shave, April 24th 2022

Razor : Schick E2 Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's-40's no date codes, excellent mid range, 1 OZ weight, easy razor to use & light touch of pressure is required. I can crank out some excellent shaves with this razor that was in rough shape at a Antique store & brought back to life.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (1) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Yaqi Green, nice woodsy fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi mountain lake 24mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, great scrubber+ great painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Green AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my Schick E2 Canadian variant with a Personna coated blade.
SOTD April 24 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
T&H Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
GFT Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Off to a change of soaps since I used up all of the Ethos Lavender. I am back to Ethos Unscented – another great performing soap. I am on the 45th use of the soap. Today I am using another brush: the T&H Silvertip. It is a small brush but is a great performer. The Feather-Feather combination is on its 8th shave. My usual four-pass shave resulted in a nice, smooth BBS shave. Today the aftershave was Thayers followed by Proraso ASB – an after shave that I like. Have a great day, folks.

IMG_20220424_152941.jpg

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso White
Bowl: Stirling Soap Co. Travel Bowl
Razor: Qshave Adjustable
Blade: Derby Extra (4)
Aftershave: Alum & Scottish Fine Soap's Thistle and Black Pepper Balm

First time using the Qshave, a bit more of a struggle than I'd like. Every time I use a Derby Extra they tend to pull and tug rather than cut my beard. Maybe just a bit too mild for me. I probably should have upped the aggressiveness on the Qshave, but wanted to take it easy for my first time. Overall DFS. Happy Sunday everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom