What's new

SOTD - “Supporting Vendor Week - ABOVE THE TIE” April 10th, 2022 to April 16th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi B&Bers!

Starting this week and for the next few months we are going to show our support and thanks to our amazing B&B Supporting Vendors (who are instrumental in helping keep the lights on around here). We wanted to provide B&B members with the opportunity to show off the excellent gear that you have accumulated!

This Week’s SOTD Theme Week is all about @Above The Tie . Matt and team make fantastic razors and also sell very cool vintage and replated razors. They also have a great collection of accessories including blades, bowls, stands, soaps, leather items and brushes. They are also very active on B&B. Check them out at https://www.abovethetie.com or at their B&B vendor store Above The Tie - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/forums/above-the-tie.196/

Let’s see your ATT stuff if you are a proud owner. If you don’t have anything from ATT, go check them out! Please stop by their website or B&B store to browse and show your support for this outstanding B&B supporting vendor.

If you don’t have anything from ATT, please still post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it.

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged.

Let’s see some ATT love!

Monday SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: OneBlade GENESIS
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D1)
Brush: Rod Neep Retro Deluxe Manchurian badger 24mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 3 5" Maple\Walnut band
Pre-Shave Scrub: Holy Black True Grit – Coffee
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Chiseled Face/Zoologist – Civet
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Folsom Shambala

Mon 11 SOTD
Soap Smoking Monster Palace of Bliss
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 7th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + RazoRock XXX Splash
Nice enough soap! The scent was good, the lather was richly creamy and very slick
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was good enough but a bit chattery atg around the lips area. 3passes for a dfs+ finish. Aftershaves were good.
20220411_115448.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
8003C089-9990-4AF2-BDD1-9C95A3801F74.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette I4 Slim.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Crown.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Monday
Pre-shave: Anthony Glycolic Facial Cleanser /Pinaud Clubman Shave Butter
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Jack Black Clean Break Oil-Free Moisturizer

DFC33ADF-A4B7-461A-B8A5-98E1A2682C9C.png

SOTD MONDAY MORNING , April 10, 2022

Woke up to another beautiful, sunny day here in the Philly burbs. I just had to grab the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 lovingly restored by David Work for this morning’s mug shave! Just a beautiful one hundred seventy year old Sheffield straight razor I feel honored to be the caretaker for.

All of us who have fallen down this rabbit hole think about the generations of hands these old vintage shaving tools have passed through. This morning’s mug shave was by the numbers. Two and a half passes left my face oh-so-smooth.

I’m also an avowed SE safety razor fanboy. Injectors are my preferred SE, despite my half century with a very well-used Schick Krona DE. Colonel Schick’s magazine repeating razors check all the boxes for me. And when I began shaving with the initial Speed Razor and the later Speed Shavers I was sold on this design. Durham Enders tricolor handled Speed Shavers marked the end of a thirty some odd year run for these terrific shavers and another rabbit hole for me.

My friend, Jeff (@jmudrick) had been after me for several years about the quality shave these little safety razors delivered! Because of the proprietary blades that ceased manufacture in the early 1950’s, many of these razors sat unused as display queens. That is until Jeff worked out the blade hack using a de-edged Enders blade as a shim for a Schick B-20 Proline injector blade. The only injector blade that fits.

Because of the popularity of these little razors over the last few years following the hack, an adapter for the Schick Proline B-20 was recently developed, doing away with the need for a shim. The shave these repurposed little safety razors deliver is second to none. It is the only safety razor that compares favorably to my Shake Sharps, and delivers every bit as good a shave. Two ATG dome passes left me porcelain smooth from neck to noggin.

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 (Mug), Red Handled Durham Enders Speed Shaver (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: West Coast Shaving Badger
SOAP: PAA Coconut Bay
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by PAA Coconut Bay Splash

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, April 11th 2022

Razor : Gem Damaskeene 1912 open comb- Mfg 1912-15, nice tame mid range. This is the 1st model that all other 1912 models for many decades was based from with minor improvements as time and new models of the 1912 came out, excellent shave this morning. Very lucky to find this model up here in Northern, Alberta Canada. Very rare find indeed.
Blade :Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable .
Soap :Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla scent with a light Tabaco scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush :Yaqi Moka 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + excellent painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem 1912 Damaskeene OC with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD April 11 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleaner
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
Simpson Duke 3
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
69th shave with the Ethos Lavender. The brush today is my Duke 3 in Best. I again had to scoop some of the soap out since the hole in the soap puck is so large. Nevertheless, the lather was nice and rich. Second shave with a Feather AS-D2 loaded with a Feather blade for the second shave. My usual four-pass shave resulted in a BBS shave with little effort. This is one smooth razor that works great for me with my wiry beard and thin skin. Have a great day and week, folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom