What's new

☀️ 🏖️ 🍹 🌊 🏝️ SOTD “ Summer Solstice 2024: The First Days of Summer Week” - June 17 to 23rd, 2024 ☀️ 🏖️ 🍹 🌊 🏝️

Status
Not open for further replies.
1718966428629.png

Monday

Brush: Made Rite Pure Bristle #5
Soap: Erasmic Stick
Razor: Merkur HD
Blade: Lord Platinum
A/S: Afta Fresh
Cologne / Fragrance: Primitive Man

Tuesday

Soap: QED Special 218
Blade: Lord Platinum
A/S: Afta Fresh
Cologne / Fragrance: Classic Match Polo Supreme Oud

Wednesday

A/S: Barbasol Brisk
Cologne / Fragrance: Azzaro Night Time

Thursday

Cream: Dettol Fresh
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
A/S: Afta
Cologne / Fragrance: Kouros

Friday

A/S: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Cologne / Fragrance: Yatagan

Mike

IMG_3875.JPG

Friday 21st of June
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Brush: Omega 10098
Cream and A/S: Proraso green
Cologne: Mont St Michel naturelle classique

A little bit of summer freshness during the winter. Proraso green needs no introduction. I added a spritz of Mont St Michel (decanted into an atomizer) to the Proraso A/S. The Mont St Michel is a summery Orangey citrus with a good dose of rosemary.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
Simpson Chubby 2
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper & Old Spice Shaving Mug
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the fourth shave with the Timeless razor and Personna Medical Prep blade. It was another good shave: close and smooth. Most likely I will use the same combination of razor and blade on Saturday. The Simpson Chubby 2 is the second Simpson brush I bought. The first was a Duke 3 and since I prefer larger brushes, I added the Chubby to my stash. This was the 39th day I used the Haslinger soap. The result was a nice, smooth, BBS shave. Have a wonderful day and weekend, folks.

Friday Morning Whisker Whittle

Fifth use on the Feather FSH blade and I must say it's still very usable.
Overall a Very Good shave result.

Valet AutoStrop VC4 - Unmodified
Feather FSH-10 Blade (5X)
Apex Alchemy Brainfreeze Bloodshot Sample
Omega 11047 Mighty Midget Brush
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix
MSC Vintage Lapidus Aftershave

IMG_0841-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, June 21st 2024

Razor : Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP head with a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2=23>, mild to tame mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC + very nimble to work the beard. Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Captain titian mild SS (5) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity in this razor. Top tier blade in 50mm blade length or AC type.
Soap : Yaqi " the Green" , very nice scent of something fresh and natural is what I enjoy the most + excellent lather qualities 2nd to none IMO.
Brush : Yaqi " Viper" 24mm boar bristle. Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Excellent boar brush for my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi "The Green" splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus SE with a Kai Captain Mild blade. (It does not get much better a shave for myself this morning.)
SOTD June 21 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

June 21, Friday 2024 Summer Equinox shave

Razor: Razorock Game Changer .76P
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat, tallow
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip badger
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

This was the first shave with the Game Changer .76P. It's plenty efficient and resulted in a really great shave. Smooth, close and easy.
I'm glad that I finally bought the .76P plate, it's a good addition to the collection.
The Yaqi brush is a favorite, it's a pleasure to use. Together with the MWF, the lather was totally spot on. Easy BBS.

SOTD 06_21_24.jpg
s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom