What's new

☀️ 🏖️ 🍹 🌊 🏝️ SOTD “ Summer Solstice 2024: The First Days of Summer Week” - June 17 to 23rd, 2024 ☀️ 🏖️ 🍹 🌊 🏝️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again fellow B&Bers!

The first official day of summer in the Northern Hemisphere is Thursday, June 20, 2024. It is also known as the summer solstice and it officially arrives at exactly 4:51 p.m. EDT.

So most of us in the Northern Hemisphere are thankfully beginning to experience the heat and humidity of the coming summer. So let’s see your summer soaps, aftershaves, fragrances and other shaving items that you use directly or indirectly to help beat the heat.

The weather is now definitely in summer mode, and this time of year is suited to scents such as coconut (suntan lotion), lemon, lime, and anything cooling or refreshing. Please show us some of your usual excellent pics or tell us about your SOTD!

Yes, our friends in the Southern Hemisphere are heading toward winter, but they can play along with our summer theme, post their cooler weather items or just post their usual SOTD.

If you don’t have anything themed, post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us about it.

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but strongly encouraged.

Thank you all and have a great week!

Menthol Monday SOTD
7299c420-ef04-4b0d-b4f9-c701b881e99e.jpg

Razor: Shield Cerakote Titanium DE
Blade: Super Iridium (D1)
Brush: WildWestBrushworks 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: 3P
Shave Soap: Nanny's Silly Signature Ice & Slice
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Lime

IMG_7019.jpeg

Monday, June 17, 2024

Pre-Shave: cold water splash / YBN Glycerin
Razor: Mühle Rocca R95
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Arno Brush - 26mm New Manchurian 2-band badger, Jade Palace (prototype)
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Desairology (sample)
A/S: Pinaud Clubman - Special Reserve (decanted)
Aftercare: Thayers Witch Hazel Unscented / Aloe Vera Gel
EdP: Hermès - Terre d'Hermès Eau Intense Vétiver

Monday morning shave with the reliable Rocca and a fresh Nacet. Easy DFS+ in two passes WTG with a half pass ATG. Some irritation today, but no nicks nor weepers.

The Arno Manchurian 2-band badger is slowly becoming my favorite after its fourth performance today. Lovely, soft bristles and very nice backbone on this brush.

Tried to leave some soap for the next shave in the sample and ended up with very watery foam; almost no cushion hence the irritation I felt after this shave. A generous application of Aloe Vera Gel helped that a bit, but I did feel it when applying the Clubman Special Reserve.

Today's setup fits quite well in this week's SOTD theme. I would classify it as "pine forest after a hot summer rain". We have citrus, Sichuan pepper, Geranium, Amberwood and Vetiver in TdH's EIV combined with the leather, resins, citrus and herbal notes of Clubman Special Reserve. Vetiver always smells to me like a freshly mowed lawn, but in a good way - like a lawn in front of a British castle.

Wishing you all a great week and a lovely start into the summer!

Tonight's Father's Day shave
Moon Soaps Union shave soap and splash
Circa 1923 Gillette NEW double edge razor w/
Lord Big Ben stainless blade
Leaf Razor w/ Gillette Perma-Sharp half blades for the head shave
RazoRock 28mm Big Bruce synthetic brush

Simple shave, not so fancy, but works well. That 100 year old patina covered Gillette NEW razor is a heck of a shaver, it can shave just as well and smooth as any modern DE razor, and it shaves nice and smooth with a Lord Big Ben blade. Moon shave soaps have a premium quality base and nice scents. Just a good shave for Father's Day dinner with your family.
IMG_20240616_190810847.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_2441.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) USA: Shaving Soap Long Rifle Voyageur Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) South Korea: Razor Blade Dorco Prime Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

bandb_240617.jpg

Gillette Super Adjustable
Dorco Prime Platinum (3)
Semogue Owners Club Mistura
TGS Abysso soap and aftershave
Thayers toner

Typical summer weather here today. Mostly cloudy, moderate breeze and scattered showers. Temperature hovering around 15℃.
Hoping for some ☀️ soon 😎

Happy shaves!​

SOTD 17th of June

proxy.php

Razors: Merkur 34C and 1951 Gillette Tech
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (3)
Pre shave: Proraso Green
Shaving soap: Proraso Green
After care: cold water, alum, Proraso Green

A nice and refreshing shave with 2 razors. Last Friday I had a rather terrible shave with the Tech and the Shark SS: a lot of irritation in the neck, red as a lobster.

So today I went back to the basics, starting with the angle. I started with the Tech perpendicular on my face and looked for the angle where it started to shave.

Half way through my first WTG pass, I decided to do one half of my face with the Tech and the other with the Merkur 34C, to rule out that any excess blade feel or tugging was due to the blade being dull.

I also took the growth direction into account more because I felt with the 34C that a pass that was meant to be XTG actually was already ATG in my neck.

Long story short: this was a much better shave with the Tech and a good shave (as usual) with the 34C

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
B&B LE 2012
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper & Old Spice Shaving Mug
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today is the fourth and final shave with my Mergress XL with a Wizamet blade. Another good, close shave. However, I did not want to take any chances and tossed the blade. I will go with a different combination on Tuesday. Today’s brush is the B&B LE made by Rudy Vey. Normally, I changed brushes daily but decided to go with this brush again. I have used the Haslinger soap 35 times. The result was a nice, smooth, BBS shave. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Monday, June 17, 2024.

Proraso con avena è te verde: Crema pre barba, sapone da barba e crema liquida dopo barba. Pablo Fuertes: Boti Brush-Tuxedo 2th Synthetic Hair Knot 24 mm, Kirinite weeding white pearl handle shaving brush. Dovo, Bismarck, 6/8, acrylic pearl scales.
IMG_7695.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, June 17th 2024

Blade : Gem MicroMatic Clog Pruf Peerless (17 nib SB) variant. Mfg 1945, mid range. Well designed (All brass) and made to last generations. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, very nice masculine scent of lavender with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorite lavenders for nice shaving, seldom ever get a nick or weeper with lavender soaps for what ever reason.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm G4(?) synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem Clog Pruf Micromatic with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD June 17 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom