What's new

🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️ SOTD - “Sticks and Samples Week!” - March 13th, 2023 to March 19th, 2023 🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD

Design 94 titanium razor
Schick blade
Grooming dept pre shave
Saponificio varesino opuntia soap/edp
Saponificio varesino brush
Saponificio varesino bowl.

Soap lathered up beautifully with a damp brush. Adding a little water during building in the bowl. Then switching to face lathering and adding more. Scent is divine. I just love it.

Post shave , Skin feels great and apply some La Roche-Posay Cicaplast b5 balm before the EDP.

Feeling good.

20230318_172036.jpg

2C6C34E1-7350-4CB9-81D8-D460569967EE.jpeg

A2D7BF47-1123-4FAE-B922-9DFDB314FD68.jpeg

Razor: Carbon Shaving Company Cx-316L /Web (1.08mm “++” base plate) w/ R2 handle
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless (d14)

Soap: Bufflehead Elephant Walk
Brush: Vikings Blade White Knight
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps The Warrior
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

The saga continues... With the ++ 316L base plate attached to the Cx R2 handle I installed an Eddison blade that's been a champion at 13 uses, with today being its fourteenth shave.

As it's still Samples Week today was a perfect opportunity to continue with the unobtainium soaps I have. So today I present to you Elephant Walk from Bufflehead. Right away I'm going to say it. It's a damn shame this artisan isn't still producing software. This duck tallow soap is top-tier that just explodes into a fluffy, slick lather when hit with a brush.

Elephant Walk is hard to nail down scent-wise but if you're familiar with Smoking Bishop from Barrister & Mann then you have an idea of what this one is like. The scent of Smoking Bishop is a touch stronger and the grape note is at a higher volume. With that said, this scent is technically a floral but there's a lot more character to it. Overall the accord is just fantastic. I can't see many of you not liking this one.

I did a four-pass shave and felt a good bit of irritation today due to the razor's high blade feel. I did walk away with a true bbs but was in real need of some post-shave love.

When finished with my shave I splashed on some more unobtainium in the form of The Warrior from Shannon's Soaps. Again, this one is hard to nail down but it is floral and sweet and felt like a great match to the Elephant Walk soap.

Okay, good people. Thanks for reading. Have a great Saturday and enjoy your shaves.

Friday, March 17, 2023.

Floïd oil pre shave. Talbot Shaving: Mont Ventoux. Wolf Whiskers, Chubby, 24 mm black Wolf synthetic bulb, Burnt Oak Whiskey handle. Jose Monserrat Pou: Filarmonica 14, Sub - cero. Myrsol, Agua Balsámica, aftershave.

F808C3EC-AC6A-43DA-8FF3-8CBA823E2EFA.jpeg

Saturday, March 18, 2023.

Old Spice, original: Shaving cream, lotion aftershave & EdT. El Druida, Forzzia Silvertip Extra-Premium 25 mm. Mannos 14, Clase extra, custom red acrilic scales.

F51C19F8-3153-45B3-9B6A-E7EF0369C2B7.jpeg

SOTD: 19th March 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face Lather.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !"Lime Burst Shaving soap.
Razor: Muhle R89.
Blade: Shark Super Stainless. (D2)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Aloe Vera Gel./Milton Lloyd Essentials No10 EdP.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I have mentioned in many of my posts how much i like my Muhle R89.

I have a fair few DE razors but the more razors I have used, the more I still really like the design of the standard R89, and like the Edwin Jagger DE89, & Merkur 34C, which are all excellent razors for beginners and more experienced shavers. IMHO it definitely doesn't get the credit it rightly deserves. Probably because it's over shadowed by the Edwin Jagger DE89. As always YMMV.

Another smooth performance from the R89/Shark SS duo. A Comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No10 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. 😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
FF0616C6-E0E4-4F22-B51B-FF74A8A6EA31.jpeg

1) China: Brush Frank Shaving Synthetic brush.
2) England: Shaving Cream TOBS Almond Shaving Cream.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Pakistan: Razor Blade Treet Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) China: Aftershave Balm John Barclay Aftershave Balm.
7) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Refreshing Breeze Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD 19-Mar
20230315_115914.jpg

Brush: Semogue Galahad
Soap: MdC Vetyver
Razor: Wolfman Guerilla
Blade: Feather (2)

Decent enough shave this morning, the feather helping somewhat. Now for my unsolicited and entirely personal opinion.

From the off I knew it was too mild for my normal tastes, it doesnt hit the two pass test for me. The higher gaps that are on offer may help that. So functionally the razor could work for me, the head is small enough to reach all the right places, it sits nicely in the hand (this is contrary to my next random thoughts) and is nimble enough to do the job.

But the design/aesthetics just don't do it for me, the handle seems too chunky relative to the head. There's something familiar in it, other than the old Guerilla of course, like an oversized Gillette New handle (that's possibly wrong but I can't put my finger on it) but without the vintage attraction. But I think it's the finish that draws my attention to these things. It just seems rough, again not in feel, but from a purely visual perspective. I like machined finishes but the darker finish isn't to my taste. I'm also massively influenced by his other offerings, which is entirely unfair as they are significantly more expensive. So as an entry into the Wolfman lair, then perhaps it's not that bad.

For my tastes there are others that win out at the same price point. This seems to be aimed in the blackbird region, which for me is both efficient and eye catching in terms of visuals. Spend an extra few pounds and you get yourself a Lambda Athena which is up there with the best of them at least to me, both of which I love.

Take that for what it's worth, one man's uninformed opinion with limited use, a preference for efficiency and a different taste in looks. As ever, horses for courses, and if you love it then excellent!

I am of course very appreciative of the opportunity to try this out, so thank you to Wolfman and the forum member for arranging it, it is very much appreciated!

Far too many words for a Sunday morning!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom