What's new

🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️ SOTD - “Sticks and Samples Week!” - March 13th, 2023 to March 19th, 2023 🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 18th March 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Geo F Trumper Violet Shave Cream.

Frankenrazor: Muhle R41 bottom plate with Yaqi Mellon top cap + Schmidt R10 Handle. (Face) - Shark Super Stainless. (D1)

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914 (Brass) (Head/Dome) - Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D2.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel ASL. / L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB./Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel EdT.

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

After the comfortable close shaved i had with the efficient Muhle R41 in my previous weeks shaves i've decided to experiment pairing the Yaqi mellon top cap with the R41 bottom plate + hefty Schmidt R10 handle which combined together wonderfully making a superb efficient Frankenrazor. The yaqi Mellon cap makes the R41 semi-open comb base plate feel noticeably smoother than the Muhle top cap.

After the shave my skin felt BBS with no irritation, nicks or cuts, and the alum rub was minimal over all areas of my ugly mug.

It's been a while since i last used The G F. Trumper Violet shaving cream and forgot how much i really like it's unique scent only a small amount is needed to create a excellent lather for the full shave leaving a superb post shave feel.

I know from pass experience with the Shark SS i get 2-3 max acceptable shaves after that I bin them. They have a good balance of smoothness& sharpness which for me is a great combo...As always YMMV, opinions are very subjective.

Another close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel EdT to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 18-Mar
20230315_115738.jpg

Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: GN Ernest
Razor: Wolfman Guerilla
Blade: Feather (1)

Nice shave this morning, made by the Ernest. Love this one, picked up what feels like more orange this morning but that dissipates swiftly and I'm left with a slight darker more comfortable scent that I'm familiar with.

Feather loaded, comfortable shave and I think after tomorrow I'll be able to form a somewhat solid, and obviously entirely subjective, opinion.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Sat 18
Soap Wholly Kaw Pomplemo
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 Fine India Steel
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
Good soap for the rich creamy and slick lather but with a very mild scent...
A very enjoyable shave with this hefty & solid razor. Stropped on the Kangaroo leather, the edge is buttery smooth & keen in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...awesome!
20230318_135423.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
Fourth and final shave with the UK Aristocrat and Wizamet blade. I could feel the blade struggle a bit and after the shave threw out the blade and selected a different combo for Sunday. Nevertheless, it was a good shave. Today’s brush is the Muhle Silvertip Fibre. This brush at one time was my travel brush. The brush had an easy time making some nice, rich lather. Today is the 47th shave with the MdC soap. A nice, BBS shave. Have a great day.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D95B48E8-F818-4491-8396-882A92B78C8D.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving Tik Tok Tobacco and Coffin Shaving Soap.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Pakistan: Razor Blade Treet Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Free For Men Cologne.

proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Blue Stratos Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Boucheron Pour Homme EdT

Finally worked out this soap - it takes a lot of water.
Great lather, and a delightful shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Saturday, March 18th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC style + a Yaqi Milano polished 316 SS handle, Mfg 2021>, tame mid range, simple clamping design, affordable, small head parts so I like to work assemble over a washcloth, very enjoyable close shave this morning.
Blade : Schick proline p 30(5) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. This blade works well with my Yaqi Excalibur .
Soap : Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild mint & lavender with excellent lather qualities. Very enjoyable masculine lather to smell IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Robin"24mm boar brush, Excellent lather generator, split end soft bristles, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE AC style razor with a Schick proline p30 blade.
SOTD March 18 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

3/14/23
Taylor of Old Bond Street St. James
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Parker Injector Razor Blade (1)
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Art of Shaving Bergamot & Neroli Balm
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD3-14-23.jpeg

3/15/23 thru 3/18/23
Speick Shave Stick
Muhle Silver Tip Fiber Travel Brush
Merkur Open Comb Travel Razor
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (1-4)
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Speick
Nivea Maximum Hydration Balm
Banana Republic Slate
SOTD3-15--3-18.23.jpeg

SOTD March 18th
GRUME-30/31er
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends,

Today, Saturday dawned sunny. Under Brazilian law, you become an elderly person when you turn 65. You can use public transport without paying, park your car in special spaces for the elderly, etc... Today was also my first shave like an old man. To celebrate, I decided to do an old school shave.

Speick stick, Semogue 830, Merkur Progress (5/4/3), Astra SP (4), Rapozo (alum block) and Lilac Vegetal, also commonly known as cat pee, were phenomenal.

Accompanying me was good old Frank.

Have a nice day and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

8BD25838-B8F4-4A82-99A5-F12992ADEA14.jpeg

42EDB84C-0449-49F5-A116-933CB1291CF9.jpeg

18 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: Savon Mystere: Full Throttle ( ASA 2.1 )
Fragrance: Sahraa Oud by Fragrance Du Bois

A truly phenomenal shave today..the Wizzie really becomes the stuff of legend when coupled with the Weber.. but the 'Full Throttle' from Savon Mystere, WOW, easily matches the best of the best, with a thick, yoghurty lather that takes a LOT of water.... residual slickness is fantastic.. a faultless shave to start my weekend.

20230317_081136.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1952 X1 Black Tip Super Speed
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Sawdust Creations Studio Johnny Be Good, FSG7 knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom