What's new

🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️ SOTD - “Sticks and Samples Week!” - March 13th, 2023 to March 19th, 2023 🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Hello B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “Sticks and Samples!”

Lets see your shave sticks, soap samples, aftershave and EDT samples! Even those aftershave sticks!! This one should be easy to participate. Everyone loves Arko, right!?!?! If not, grab some La Toja, LEA, Speick, or anything else in stick or sample form!!!! This one is great for anyone traveling. Lets do it!

No sticks or samples? As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged. Highly encouraged!

Let’s see your Sticks and Samples SOTD!

Monday, March 13, 2023.

Truefitt & Hill: Oil pre shave; Grafton: Shaving cream, Lotion and Balm aftershave. El Druida: Seven, manchurian badger, rustic Cocobolo/Bocote handle. Revisor, Extra, c-steel, 8/8, Solingen.

0141EFB3-5DD3-49F1-BAE3-4BF083FC733D.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
A41350CD-1FFE-4D68-BFA0-445CF981500D.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Pakistan: Razor Blade Treet Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

SOTD 13-Mar
20230313_075224.jpg

Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: Black Watch
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Wizamet (Z-5)

Excellent shave this morning, had to skip yesterday's so an abundance to take down today. The LC taking it all down in short order with the Wizamet that still seems to be holding up, though I think this may be about the limit.

Hope everyone had a grand weekend and has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Sunday was the first day this year that I haven't shaved. And, frankly, I can't recall the last time I didn't shave. Six months ago? I'm not sure. Regardless, the following combo made quite short - and smooth - work of it all.

Brush: Proraso Professional Boar
Soap: RazoRock P-160
Razor: NDC SuperSpeed
Blade: Gillette Platinum
A/S Splash: Old Spice (current iteration)

Make it a great week!
-Greg

13 March, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Bartigan & Stark: Campione
Fragrance: Atman Xaman Eau de Parfum by Lorenzo Villoresi.

WOW.. I honestly wasn't expecting that. An absolutely stunning shave with another 'new to me' artisan soap. I understand these are produced in small batches, so if you get the opportunity to try one, I suggest you take it... and the Weber surprised me, yet again, by bringing out the best in the Wizzie.. yeah, an absolutely stunning shave.

SOTD March 13th
GRUME March
MdC Monday

Hello friends,

The week starts cloudy around here. To liven things up a bit, I decided to shave my 2-day beard. I chose MdC Original which combined divinely with Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla's aromatic accords. Rockwell 6C (R5), Gillette Nacet (5) and SOC Finest Badger were stupendous as always. A DFS…

To accompany this solemn moment, none other than old Miles in the greatest of all: Kind of Blue.

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

0FA6AC70-411D-420E-A89C-52E8E720FAE4.jpeg
62E63E3C-179F-45BF-AEE1-505F1E159743.jpeg

11-03-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Yaqi Mellon, Perma Sharp (# 12) :: Semogue Galahad C3, Finest badger :: Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

proxy.php

13-03-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Blackland Blackbird Polished OC, Perma Sharp (# 13) :: Druida Tulip Caramel Stripes :: Barrister & Mann, Cologne Russe :: Lea 3 en 1 :: Lea, After-shave

proxy.php

Salut!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Yaqi 28 mm Tuxedo Syn.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the 4th shave in a row with the 37C and Wizamet blade. Another smooth and close shave. Starting the week off right. The Yaqi brush is one big baby and loads effortlessly. As usual, I seem to make more lather than I could use! After 44 shaves the soap is starting to show some use. Have a great day and week.

Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Yaqi High Mountain White
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Cucumber Witch Hazel/Rolda Freestyle Aftershave
Balm: Anthony All Purpose Facial Moisturizer

proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: TroyCraft 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lider Classic Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Musgo Real Oak Moss EdC

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, March 13th,2023.

Razor : Gem MicroMatic OC, Mfg 1930-41, mid to upper mid range depending on blade # of uses + personal technique, well built and excellent design for securing the blade and will last many more generations IMO with some care. Excellent shave today!
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla & light tobacco scent added + excellent lather qualities.
Brush :Yaqi "Panda" 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. I got this on sale 2 years ago and like to use it once in a while because of the detail.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Mari del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave this morning with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD March 13 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom