What's new

🥅 🏒 🏈 ⚽️ ⚾️ 🏏 ⛳️ ⛷️ 🎣 🚴 “SOTD - Sports Theme Week - Show your local team colours” January 23rd, 2023 to January 29th, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
1674907585874.png

Razor: MARS SE Modular Razor (Plate 7)
& Merkur 45 Bakelite
Blade: Leaf SE & Personna Platinum (Israeli)
Nivea Menmalist Liquid Shave Cream
Baxter of California Menthol Aftershave Balm

Brilliant shave, first time using the leaf se razor blade and the Israeli Personna Platinum not too bad all in all great shave

Don't really mind weight on razors but I really do enjoy these light razors

The Nivea mentalist shaving liquid cream is good, nice slickness, just applied it with my hands

IMG_20230128_115457.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am continuing to use MdC. This is the 7th shave with this wonderful soap. Today’s brush is a big boy: the Yaqi 28 mm synthetic. Since it is a large brush I had to be careful not to load too much soap and waste it! The brush made an abundance of lather. I switched razors today and went with the next one in my rotation: the Feather AS-D2 with a Feather blade. Close and smooth was the shave. Have a great day.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Saturday, January 28th 2023

Razor : Ever-Ready Streamline, 2nd generation- Mfg 1949-53, upper mid range, well built and it is eye candy to myself, it was one of the high end Ever-Ready razors they built. excellent shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock Classic, nice cherry almond scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Sagrada Familia"22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber, great lather painter. Small handle might not be for large hands + great knot and one of my favorite badger brushes to use .
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + slight irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave on my Ever-Ready streamline razor with a coated Gem blade. I toss the Gem blade after 10 uses regardless how well it is cutting because I averaged this blade years ago and this one needed to be tossed.
SOTD Jan 28 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD-brooks.png

IMG_20230125_221236_685.jpg

IMG_20230117_162702_308.jpg

IMG_20230114_114746_739.jpg

I changed 2 things in my shaving: very little pressure and I mapped by beard (where hair are growing in each direction? and then use the razor angle for WTG according to that).

Had been reading this forum since last few days. Have read 500+ posts I think and learned one of the most overlooked things in wetshaving: it's not about the razor, it's about your technique, it's about your skill of using almost no pressure and having a correct angle. It's not 30 degress for everyone and every razor, it changed with the razor and the person.
  1. This time I had put very light pressure. Trying to refine my technique. Since the razor has almost zero weight, it's very difficult use the gravity to cut the hair :p . I still tried and ended with zero nicks. First time since I picked up Shavette and DE safety razor, I had no nicks and no blood . This is almost an accomplishment.
  2. For the price, razor is extremely good. It's on the milder side. It was a 3-pass shave but on the chin, where I have thick hair, it took 4-5 passes to clean-shave. Since I was very cautious and alert about very light pressure, I have very very less irritation afterwards. Otherwise I always had sensitive skin after shaving. Even after 24 hours of shaving, skin used to be sensitive to touch. It's reduced by a great margin now.
  3. Even though this is very mild razor, it still gives better clean-shaven look compared to Gillette Mach3, Presto and Guard
  4. Little bit of alum-rub sting I had on chin + lower neck/throat area where hair are in strange directions and hence could not angle razor properly for every single hair.
  5. Brooks aftershave is just average compared to Old Spice. Great thing about it is it's spray-nozzle. Spray from Brooks bottle comes out evenly, not more, not less, not in any direction except of where you aim. Can't say the same for Old Spice atomizer. Brooks does not make your skin dry but does not moisturize it either.
  6. Bewakoof after shave gel: 100% non-greasy but has very less moisturizing effect. I have oily skin and I still have to put a lot to remove the post-shave dryness. DRACF aftershave lotion is actually better than this. Much better.
  7. All the stuff is from INDIA

... A Better Day Today ...​

Sat 28 Travel SOTD
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Musketeer Rapier
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Tech
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 1st
The soap & splash smells very nice. The lather qualities are good enough.
This shave with the simplest of razors paired with an excellent blade was just great! 3passes for a bbs finish...
20230128_082610.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom