What's new

🥅 🏒 🏈 ⚽️ ⚾️ 🏏 ⛳️ ⛷️ 🎣 🚴 “SOTD - Sports Theme Week - Show your local team colours” January 23rd, 2023 to January 29th, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
C3BBB507-B00E-45C2-885D-CE829A17F55C.jpeg

Rocnel ⚓️ // Personna Lab Blue // Mozingo ZT4 // Tabac

💯 😎

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, January 24th 2023

Razor : Micromatic OC, buttonless- Mfg 1930-1932 >button variant 41, mid to upper mid range, well designed and built to last and even with some abuse over the last 90 years. One of favorite Gem razors when blade is up in # of uses + used with a RIGS shim. Enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum sage & Cedarwood, nice Bayrum soap(slight clove) + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " mountain lake" 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Nice ergonomic handle with a excellent knot.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Witch hazel beard area cleanse, then Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Jan 24 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

22-01-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Wolfman Guerrilla OC, Wizamet (# 11) :: Rubberset 400, Laca japonesa :: Barrister & Mann, Mûir(e) Wood :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba :: Epsilon, Mediterranean Blue

proxy.php

23-01-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Blackland Vector Ti, Feather (# 5) :: Semogue Spanish Shavers LE 2022 :: Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba :: Proraso, after-shave

proxy.php

Salut!

SOTD-smooth.jpg

gillette-green.jpg

I came across this forum a few weeks go and since then I have used Shavette most of the time and used each of these once so far: Gillette Permasharp, Gillette Sterling, Romer-7 Ricardo (bought an aggressive model by accident). I am done with my Shavette, fulfilled my desire of using it and from now onward I want to stick to a safety razor. I still have half packet of Gillette Permasharp blades left, and as you guys seen from my previous SOTDs, I don't have good experience with it.

I wanted to follow the advice of Leisureguy to the hilt. It was a challenge for me since the day I read his post a disquisition on blade sampler packs. So, I decided to take the milder razor I have (Gillette Permasharp) and use these blades. Though there is nothing more dangerous than my first SOTD where I went from 20+ years of cartridge razor habit to a Shavette in a heartbeat and cut my face at 14 places, it was a carnage:
Canned foam is always a dry thing. So I made it slick by using the brush to spread it on the face with a good amount of water along with it. The most comfortable and the smoothest shave ever. Only one tiny nick, alum stopped the shooting blood instantly.

Bewakoof after-shave gel is non-greasy and non-stingy. I have oily skin but it still left the face dry. So I put Patannjali Aloe-Vera gel after a few minutes.
At some places, face is still sensitive (blade is to blame) but Zero burning - Total DFS

... What a wonderful day ...

Hello @arnuld!

very glad you got a great result. This is what it's all about, getting a result that makes YOUR day!

Interesting gear, much of it new to me. The razor looks cool, not the Indian or Chinese Tech's, more a modern descendent of the bakelites in form. Obviously an efficient shave. The 7'Oclock Greens are very well-regarded and a good solid blade.

Nice.

20230123_083729.jpg

Razor: Timeless Stainless Steel .95 SSB
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (German)
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: LBCC Historical Bay Rum Aftershave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Excellent shave, the BBS was found, three passes with the Bizmarck, just a little touch-up done with the Feather AS D2 (Feather Blade of course). The scent is like a wart, kinda grows on you. Very harsh mossy, seaweed odor to it, yet for me, there is something more and more appealing to it. Must be like Scotch, an acquired taste. Guess when we come to the bottom line, all any of us have to please is ourselves.
Peace...

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Dovo Bizmarck
Brush: Parker 3 Band Pure Badger
Pre-Shave: OSC Gentleman's Cane Pre-Shave Oil
Lather: Barrister and Mann Baudelaire Shave Soap
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Baudelaire
Additional Care:
Barrister and Mann Baudelaire Aftershave Blam
Hot towel
Osma bloc Alum Stone SOTD 01/23/2023 - https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63cf47b3718a6562eace6fdb
20230123_192532.jpg

SOTD 20230124
Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Alpha Outlaw V1 TI Rhodium HD
Soap: A&E Khalifa
Razor: Chiseled Face Legacy TI
Blade: Derby Premium
AS: Myrsol Plastic Shave
AS: A&E Khalifa

proxy.php

proxy.php