What's new

⚾️ 🏈 🏏 ⚽️ “SOTD - Sports Theme Week” January 2nd, 2023 to January 8th, 2023 ⛳️ ⛷ 🎣 🚴‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_6906.png

DSCosmetics S9 Brass .86 gap / Wizamet / Opal Butterscotch Bakelite 20mm SHD Boti 3 Band Finest
Blue Devil Sandalwood Tallow Shaving Soap / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / OSP Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion​

Polo is a sport and I used a Polo 10 brush. Therefore I am in Sports theme compliance 🤪

A&E Which One’s Pink? soap and AS with a Simpson Polo 10 Best Badger brush. GEM razor with a Personna GEM blade and Etat Libre D'orange Une Amourette EDP.

A98D343D-C795-4888-8BA0-66C0B1AD8E3E.jpeg

Pre-shave: Hot water + Saponificio Varesino "Burro di Karité"
Scuttle: Mud & Stone
Brush: Omega badger
Lather: Vicco "Turmeric S"
Razor: Razorock "Mamba"
Blade: Personna Super
Witch hazel: Thayers "Cucumber"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Denim "Illusion"
Face cream: Neutrogena "Hydo Boost"
OdT: Burberry Men

2023-01-06.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
9785094D-B10C-4E76-9119-CDA17B490516.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving 40 Crows Shaving Soap.
3) China: Razor King C Gillette DE razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade King C Gillette DE blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) R.O.I. EDT Bespoke London.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD: 7th January 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Razor: Merkur 37C (Face) - Treet Black Carbon. (D1)
Razor: (Head/Dome) Schick G type Injector - Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D3)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP.

A new shave set up to start the weekend.... i've carried on with my Sub-continent revisiting blade focus using the Treet black Carbon is another blade that I've infrequently used in the past which paired together wonderfully with my Merkur 37C.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No.10 EdP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 7
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
The sweet aromatic scent from the soap with a good enough lather must somehow match the whiskey woods. The brush is just fantastic...quite soft.
This razor's edge has not been as satisfying even after going through the LaLune twice. So, I decided to put this wedge through the full diamond pasted balsa progression...without the tape (the razor was honed with tape). The TTT was not bad but HHT was not so good, however, the shave was surprisingly better. 3 smooth and comfortable passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230107_121815.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Lavender Mallard
Brush
Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Third shave with my Merkur 37C and Wizamet blade. Today’s brush was the Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest which did a great job of making lather. The soap is on its 12th use. I am impressed by this soap. With continued daily use it is making a slick, protective lather. The 37C and Wizamet delivered a flawless shave: close and smooth. A perfect shave on a cool – for us - beautiful Florida day. Have a great day.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, January 7th, 2023

Razor : Gillette Fatboy, E4- Mfg 1959 4th qtr, all ranges, this is a well built adjustable and lasts with some care. I enjoy using this razor on setting 7 and touch ups setting 8 works well for myself. Birth year razor.
Blade : Gillette silver blue (2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, vanilla with light tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities. Just opened up 2nd jar.
Brush : Yaqi "Sagrada Familia" 22 mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips. great splay scrubber + great lather painter. One of favorites and it is not a lather hog IMO. Small handle might not be for folks with very large hands IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy with a GSB blade.
SOTD Jan 7 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom