What's new

⚾️ 🏈 🏏 ⚽️ “SOTD - Sports Theme Week” January 2nd, 2023 to January 8th, 2023 ⛳️ ⛷ 🎣 🚴‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year, fellow B&Bers!

The SOTD Theme Week of 2023 has a sports twist…

Many of us are watching football, basketball, hockey and participating in other winter sports this time of year.

Let’s see some baseballs, football tickets, fishing rods, golf clubs, hockey pucks or anything sports related. Even a pair of boxing gloves or Ninja throwing stars would work. Have some fun with it!

And if you don’t have anything sports themed… post pics of your shave or just tell us about it!

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

All the best in 2023!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2F7073AD-91DF-4911-A2B2-32800909ECD6.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) China: Razor King C Gillette DE razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade King C Gillette DE Blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 2
Soap Cukur May Chang & Basil
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershave Proraso Green Splash
Very nice scented soap, that goes well with the splash...the lather is very good too...whip-up easily with the excellent brush.
Another wonderful shave with this excellent razor with a diamond balsa edge refreshed previously. After stroping on the Kanayama, the edge is soft, keen, and very comfortable in 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish and 1 red spot on the neck...
20230102_111924.jpg

sotd 2-1-2023

Blackland Blackbird Lite SS
Personna Comfort Coated (2)
Omega 10019
Martin de Candre - Fougère
Pitralon Classic AS
Balea Sensitive ASB

Will use the BB Lite all week to get a good feeling. So far, very impressed by build quality and the shave's comfort and result.

proxy.php

Happy new year to you all 🎉

Anyhow I don't do sports, left it all behind me when I hit the working world and started on those 12, 13 hour shifts.

Now I'm older and you'll be lucky to get 10hrs out of me. Home and family means more.

But saying that since late October I've been on the indoor bike almost every day for an hour covering around 10miles, and then working out with weights. So far maxing out at 20kg. Which is good for me. So today it's been a good warm down, nice warm shower, and a warm scents shave.

IMG_20230102_134016.jpg

Preparation: 8km trail run, shower

Shave:
razor - Muhle R89 head with Frank Shaving rosewood handle
blade - Muhle (4th and last use, too mild for me)
soap - Proraso Green
bowl - Frank Shaving stainless
brush - Frank Shaving pure badger, rosewood handle

Post-shave: Yves Rocher after shave balm

IMG20230102131102.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Lavender Mallard
Brush
B&B LE 2012 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Al ++
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today I took out one of my favorite brushes: the B&B LE 2012 by Rudy Vey. The keyhole design of the brush is one that I like. Plus, the brush is a top performer. I am using the Henson-Med Prep combo for the 6th time and there seems to be more life left in the blade. The GD soap is on its 7th use and is still performing great. Have a great day.

Monday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Black Handle SuperSpeed
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Rooney 1/2 Best Badger
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Lilac Witch Hazel/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer

2 January, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade
Soap: Murphy and McNeil: The Abbey ( Kodiak )
Fragrance: Enigma pour Homme Cologne by Roja Dove.

well, The Abbey is one thirsty soap.. think B&M thirsty, that's what it made me think of.. once you have it well hydrated, it performs like a champ. The Astra was a bit of a mixed call with the Weber, efficient yes, but not as smooth as it is with the Rockwell.

SOTD January 2nd
GRUME January 2023
BADGERary 2023

To premiere my SOTD, GRUME and BADGERary of 2023, I decided to use the very first brush I bought, a Simpsons Keyhole KH2 Best, 1983. Before that I used to borrow my father’s.
40 years ago, I was 25 and lived in London. One day, I went during lunch time from my office to a small shaving shop located at Burlington Arcade intending to buy a good shaving brush. The solicitous shop attendant sugested me a Simpsons best badger. At that time I had not even the faintest idea what a badger was…
This Simpsons Keyhole had a Faux Ivory handle, but with the passing years it has lost its decal and naturally became Butterscotch! It has standed alone in my den for quite some time, because lately I have been keener to boar brushes. Well, BADGERary 2023 is giving me the chance to repair this injustice.
Thank you and Happy New Year, my dear friends!

❤️🪒

073917CE-E694-4B27-8424-D2F5DE8A29FB.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, December 2nd 2023

Razor : Gem Push button- Mfg 1958-65, tame mid range, it sure shaves good with a new blade and this is one of the best looking Gem razors other than the Gem Lather catchers. I enjoy this razor and the results are stellar this morning. Good razor to break in a new blade.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle IMO.
Soap : Razorock XXX, nice unique clean scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "High mountain" 24mm silvertip badger excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem push button razor with a coated Gem blade.(It does not get much better a shave then this for myself!)
SOTD Jan2 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom