What's new

⚾️ 🏈 🏏 ⚽️ “SOTD - Sports Theme Week” January 2nd, 2023 to January 8th, 2023 ⛳️ ⛷ 🎣 🚴‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, Jan 5th 2023

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72, Mfg Jan 2021>, mid range, excellent machining and finish QC, great for under the nose nostrils area, excellent clamping of blade and just a nice razor to use first thing in the morning.
Blade : Gillette silver blue (1) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, mild clean scent with great lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "mysterious space" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow soft tips, excellent gentle splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade.
SOTD Jan 5 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

6F5D55AF-1E0B-4652-9AA9-5D3185A02B7E.jpeg
64C81186-BB17-46D7-BAEF-DB6B79F8D7B3.jpeg

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: @Atelier DURDAN "Le Maurice" (3-step shave - 1.2, 1.0, 0.8)
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (D4)

Soap: P.A.A. - Sacré Bleu
Brush: Yaqi Ocean
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: P.A.A. - Sacré Bleu

Today I decided to use all three of the Le Maurice heads in a step-down shave. After using them each individually I decided to try them all together in one shave.

I began with some absolutely amazing Sacré Bleu shaving soap from Phoenix Shaving. I have to say, this stuff is ridiculously good! Honestly, I think too many people slept in this one. If you even remotely like Aqua Velva or vintage shaving scents, do yourself a favor and pick this one up. You'll thank me for it. That is of course if it gets released again.

With my 28mm Yaqi Ocean synthetic I whipped up some luxurious lather and then went to it. I mean the brush is blue so I had to use it, right?

I started with the brass 1.2 head for my initial with-the-grain pass which went quite well. I used a light touch and the open-comb side to do the bulk of the hair removal before switching to the stainless steel 1.0 head. With this middle-of-the-road head, I did two across-the-grain passes. One in each direction. I then finished things up with the titanium 0.8 head. My against-the-grain pass and buffing with this head were good. I felt less irritation going against the grain after following this step-down method.

My shave was finished off with some glorious Sacré Bleu aftershave/cologne and I couldn't be happier.

I have to say that after using the Le Maurice razor for a bit, I think that overall it truely is a great razor. What Augustin has done is beautiful and truly deserving of praise. The level of artistry he's demonstrated with his superb machining skills should be appreciated and respected. The Le Maurice is a razor worth owning!

*Disclaimer - The razor I've shown is part of a long-running pass-around and is an older version. Check out his website for the latest version. The site has material and handle options.

**PSA - A Copper version is coming soon!

Alright my good friends. That's all for today. Take care and enjoy your shaves!

SOTD 01052023

SR Shave # 28

Razor: Ertan Süer Gustave Lalune Mon Fier Destrier, 6/8 Extra Full Hollow Ground | Spanish Point,
Soap: Dr. Jon's Krampus,
Brush: Master barber Best badger,
AS: Pinaud Clubman,
Post Shave: Alum block, Dr. Teal's Witch Hazel Lavander, Natura After Shave balm,
1672958317465.png

1/4/23
Green Mountain Soap Co. Balsam Spice
Vie-Long 14080
Schick M1 Adjustable Injector Razor
Schick Injector Razor Blade (9)
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Old Spice
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD1-4-23.jpg

1/5/23
Omega Eucalyptus
Zenith B16
5/8 C.V. Heljestrand Mark 3
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Mennan Skin Bracer
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling
SOTD1-5-23.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
63BB8882-5A9A-4719-A764-100B29ABA54F.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream.
3) China: Razor King C Gillette DE razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade King C Gillette DE blade.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion.
7) Germany: Aftershave Splash Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

🇨🇦3 - 2🇨🇿 (overtime)

Canada wins the world juniors 2 years in a row!

Canada Shaving Soap 🇨🇦
Heljestrand MK24
Omega boar
Bartigan and Stark 🇨🇦 “Nil” asb

Close and comfortable two pass shave tonight. The edge was freshly touched up on 1um film, but I’m not totally happy with it. I’ll take it back to the film this weekend and see if I can improve it.

AF09AC03-CC69-4E7D-9F51-7A02AD417C6A.jpeg

05-01-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Boti Shield Titanium, Astra :: Semogue SCNHG LE 2022 :: Razorock, Santa Maria del Fiore :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba :: Proraso, after-shave

proxy.php

06-01-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Blackland Blackbird Titanium Satin, Astra :: Rubberset 400, Laca japonesa :: Martín de Candre, Fougère :: Myrsol, emulsión :: Myrsol, Agua balsámica

proxy.php

Salut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom