What's new

💈🪒 SOTD - “Size Matters” Theme Week - January 30th, 2023 to February 5th, 2023 💈🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, February 5
proxy.php

T+S Kyoto~~Simpson CH2 Synthetic~~Cobra Classic/Feather Professional~~West Indies Bay Rum
proxy.php

Have a great day!

IMG_20230205_150420_796.jpg

IMG_20230201_210043_984.jpg
Green-side.jpg

Green-open.jpg

Green-Blade-2.jpg

LASER-Blade.jpg

IMG_20230205_150446_568.jpg

So I got this LASER Stainless for $0.15, a tuck of 5 blades. Wanted to experiment with lowest end blades. From my understanding, this is how the branding in Indian market goes, from highest to lowest in blade quality and sharpness:
  • Super Platinum
  • Platinum
  • Super Stainless
  • Stainless
There was actually 2 SOTDs, in first one I used 3 razors while the 2nd one I did with just Romer-7 Ricardo. this is what I experienced (kept shaving foam, alum, brush, all the same):
  • Shavette: LASER Stainless in it performs the poorest. It gives razor bumps, a whole full bag of them. Extremely painful and frustrating shave. It does not even cut the hair actually, just tugs to the extreme
  • Gillette Permasharp Razor: (100% plastic razor, green color in the pics): LASER Stainless in it performs the poorest of all safety razors and a bit less poorer than the Shavette. A lot of tugging, very much inefficient, painful, it nicks. It's just like a dull blade
  • Gillette Sterling and LASER Ultra Razors: LASER Stainless in these performs just a bit more efficient compared to the Permasharp razor. It's as if blade suddenly got sharper. Feels sharper but rough, and it bites. You can do the shave for it feels a bit sharper (but still not sharp enough) and minor tugging
  • Romer-7 Ricardo (very aggressive model, it's the cheapest model from Romer-7) : LASER Stainless in it performs a bit better than the last 2 razors. Very less tugging. The blade feels sharper compared to the last two. It was painful shave, more like I am scraping/plowing the face.
Still feeling irritation and pain along the jawline. No good experience here. Gonna throw these blades away (only 2 left in the tuck)

Aftrershave: Bewakoof aftershave gel leaves white kind of material on the skin. If you take a tissue and wet it and then rub between your hands, it will leave tiny pieces of white tissue on your hands. This is exactly what it looks like on my face when I use this aftershave. Not to mention the dryness it leaves. On the other hand, Brooks Aftershave feels much better, stings a bit but both it feels better, and moisturizes the skin too.

Last edited:
Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B 10th Anniv. Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today is the 15th shave with MdC. Today’s brush is a boar brush: the B&B 10th Anniversary Boar. This is a very nice brush and makes loading soap very easy. I am continuing to use the Karve with the Wizamet blade (second day). Not much to say about the shave. Nice and smooth with no issues. Just wish the rain would stop. Have a great day.

03-02-2023

Proraso, Pelli sensibili :: Weber PH, Wizamet (# 20) :: Semogue Tatara, Finest badger :: Álvarez Gómez :: Álvarez Gómez, bálsamo :: Myrsol, After-shave Blue

proxy.php

05-02-2023

Proraso, Reinfrescante :: Blackland Era, OC Level 5, Wizamet (# 21) :: Semogue SOC Butterscotch, Finest badger :: Barrister & Mann, Cologne Russe :: Proraso, Balsamo Dopobarba Pelli Sensibili :: Proraso, Lozione Dopobarba Barbe Dure

proxy.php

Salut!

Sunday
Preshave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser / King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Humphrey’s Lilac Witch Hazel /Alum
Balm: Stirling Piacenza

Pre-shave: Saponificio Varesino "Burro di Illipé"
Brush: West Coast Shaving
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street "Avocado"
Razor: 1921 Gillette "New Standard" (made in Canada)
Blade: Personna "Super"
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lavender"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Myrsol "Don Carlos 1972"
Face cream: Neutrogena "Hydro Boost"

2023-02-05.jpg

Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Synthetic
Prep: Shower
Prep: Kiehl's Facial Fuel Cleanser
Lather: Noble Otter Lonestar

Floid --> Toner --> Serum --> Balm --> Emulsion

Really good shave. Spent a little too much time buffing the neck to accommodate for a blade that was losing its edge. Can stretch out a Nacet with some palm-stropping but there are 1000+ blades in the collection, so out it goes at 3.

Back to Lonestar through the rotation. Wonderful for night time shaves, the scent is really for the shaver only since it's gone pretty quickly.

Been on a buying binge of late. The realization that I purchased too much soap recently is evident by the planning on how to store the new tubs without taking up too much real estate in the bathroom. Thinking of storing the tubs on their side and am looking for a 3D model of a holder to print.

Sunday, February 5, 2023.

Flöid pre shave oil. Chiseled face, Zoologist, Nightingale, shaving soap. Vie-Long 14830 Mix Badger and Horse hair, 24 mm knot, white acrylc handle. Forgia Pizzi, K720 steel, 10/8, spanish point, synthetic moder perl scales. Narciso Rodriguez For Him: Aftershave lotion, aftershave emulsion & EdP.

C50E432B-8D53-4C36-9AAE-01DE16661833.jpeg

Fine Platinum Soap
Fine Platinum AS
Sterling Executive Man Balm
RR Beehive Synth
Merkur 23C
Started the shave with a Treet Carbon Steel that was sitting on my shave shelf for a bit too long. Now I remember why it did - didn't last for a full pass and swapped in a Wizamet Super Iridium.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, February 5th 2023

Razor : Schick E2 injector, Canadian Variant- Mfg 1930's 40's, mid range, 1 OZ weight, easy razor to work the face.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (3) Very sharp, Great longevity, smooths out nicely over uses + predictable.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood, very nice herbal scented cream with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Black marble" 24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of Geo F Trumper Sandalwood skin food lotion.
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 tiny blemish weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Personna blade.
SOTD Feburary 5 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

20230204_082131.jpg

Razor: Ever-Ready 1905 Lather Catcher 24 Blade Set
Handle by @GAW9576
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: Rubberset 200-3 TNS Boss knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented