What's new

💈🪒 SOTD - “Size Matters” Theme Week - January 30th, 2023 to February 5th, 2023 💈🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
704B9F61-7449-4339-B269-6D8D2AAD04C7.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving 40 Crows Shaving Soap.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom New.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Eternity for Men Cologne.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Sat 4
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Aftershave Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Nice soap for the aromatic scent and good quality lather...whip up pleasurably with the large badger brush...
Today's shave with this excellent razor was very enjoyable. Buttery smooth and crisp edge after stroping on the 0.1um balsa and Kanayama leather. 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230204_112143.jpg

SOTD: 4th February 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg Shave Soap.
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant. (Face) - Ninja Stainless .(D1)
Razor: Parker InjRzr. (Head/Dome) (Settings) 4-wtg. 4-xtg/atg.+pick-ups. - Personna Injector PTFE. (D2)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./ L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

A new shave set up to start the weekend....Carrying on with my slant razor focus with the Merkur 37C.

Maiden shave with the Ninja Stainless I find to be very much like the rest of the other subcontinent Stainless steel blades that I have revisited & tried, efficient enough & smooth. Another good honest blade. What more is required....I love the cover design on the blade tuck cover.

The Bath House soap provided a wonderful lather in a short space of time. I find this shaving soap similar to MWF which i like very much, it's fragrance to my nose is a very pleasant 'Spicy' scent which is a great autumn/winter soap, but I use it if and when to my fancy not just for the colder months of the year...

A close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Saturday, February 4, 2023.

Floïd pre shave oil. Declaration Grooming, Gratiot League Square: Shaving soap & post shave toner. Vereinigte Pinselfabriken (VP) Leonhardy & Co. KG, Rein Dach, silvertip badger. Luca Pizzi, san mai damascus steel with K720 on its edge, +8/8, mammoth ivory scales. Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella’s Peau d’Espagne (Spanish leather), EdC.

96DE5898-EB40-4021-9148-540EB32C5C0F.jpeg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac DO2 knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today is the 14th shave with MdC. The brush today was made by Rudy Vey and has the infamous DO2 knot – which I happen to like. It is not the softest knot but it loads soap beautifully and makes great lather. Time to change the razor and blade and the Karve was next in my rotation. I loaded it with a Wizamet blade and the shave was just fine. A great shave. Have a great day, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, February 4th 2023

Razor : Gillette New long comb- Mfg 1930's, mid range, great classic razor, some tab overhang, built to last generations.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp (6) sharp & smooth with great longevity. Top tier blade IMO.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood- nice herbal scented cream + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "orbital ring"24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb with a Gillette Perm-sharp blade.
SOTD Feburary 4 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Synthetic
Prep: Shower
Prep: Kiehl's Facial Fuel Cleanser
Lather: Noble Otter Barrbarr

Forgotten just how much I like Nacet. 24 hours after the previous shave I was much smoother than after the Astra SP's. Such smooth and effective blade.

Barrbarr has rapidly ascended to my favourite soap of all time. It's got a strong clove smell from the tub, but after lathering it just smells clean and fresh. Noble Otter's soap base is top notch.

Loving the Floid. May never use Clubman again.

Went whole-hog on the Iope post-treatment today. Great products.

SOTD February 4th
GRUME February 2023
Fruity February
Semogue Saturdays!

My friends always ask me what my desert island razor is. I tell them if I was alone in an island I would never shave. However, I would certainly listen to some music and it would probably be from the Johnny Hartman album Songs From The Heart.

Well, since I’m not on a desert island, I had a dawn fine shave, this morning. FOCS, Astra SP, SOC, TOBS and Floïd were phenomenal!

Have a nice weekend and wonderful shaves!
❤️🪒

7356BE04-4F4D-4D60-AFA4-84B6FA882B0C.jpeg

7C4F8372-0448-46DB-8566-CCA1F2EFAC7D.jpeg

Last edited:
4 February, 2023

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Polsilver S.I
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: Murphy and McNeil: The Abbey (Kodiak)
Fragrance: Manhattan Eau de Parfum by Roja Dove

an insanely wonderful shave.. I've said it before, but I'd actually forgotten how smooth the 34C is with a Super Iridium, and the Kodiak base was simply superb. HELL YEAH.

SOTD-1963-Super-Speed-Gn_2023-02-04.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: 1963 Gillette Super-Speed
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (2)
ASL: Duru Limon Kolonya 80°

A fine shave. :biggrin:

The only downside to this shave was that I kept on noticing the razor handle. The shave was great but the handle's too thin for my preferences:
SS-inside-NEWFB_2023-02-04.jpg

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom