What's new

💈🪒 SOTD - “Size Matters” Theme Week - January 30th, 2023 to February 5th, 2023 💈🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
1675167191413.png

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
AP Shaving Tuxedo Synthetic
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today is the 10th shave with MdC. Today’s brush is another synthetic: AP Shaving Tuxedo. This is on the soft side but still loads this soap fairly easily. It is the fourth day with the Feather/Feather combo and the result was another close, smooth, and comfortable shave. It is amazing how many more shaves I get with a Feather blade in this razor in contrast to using it with other more aggressive razors. Have a great day and week, folks.

I'd say that my Merkur Futur razor count as being fairly giant when compared to, say, my 1970 Super Speed:

1675178950350.png

Pre-shower face wash w/ACH Brito classic soap
Warm shower
Naked Armor stainless steel scuttle
KIKC Synthetic brush
Geo. F Trumper Skin Food as pre-shave*
Proraso Protetivo shave cream
Aforementioned Merkur Futur razor, Personna Med Prep blade (2nd use)
1 WTG (closeness set to 2.5), 1 ATG, 1 XTG (each at 3.5)
Zingari Man Unscented Recovery Splash

9.0/10. No irritation, nicks, or redness. I'd nearly forgotten what a joy these Med Prep blades are. The only issue was the tiny bit of whiskers left under my nose due to the sheer size of the Futur's head. Practically need a rubber nose to avoid that, either that or clean up w/another razor, such as the above Super Speed.

* I'd originally purchased Skin Food as a pre-shave, but due to how well it works as an after-shave, this was the first time I'd used it for its original purpose.

Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Synthetic
Prep: Shower
Pre-wash: Kiehl's Facial Fuel Cleanser
Lather: Noble Otter Barrbarr

Another fantastic shave with my latest favourite scent. The spice almost feels effervescent on the skin. Not sure what barber smells like this, but if I find one... I'm going back.

Good ol' Astra's. Can reliably get 2 effortless shaves with these blades. I prefer other blades now, but don't mind a trip down nostaglic street back to the first blade I trained on.

Have been rethinking the post-shave order and might try Floid --> Kiehl's --> Toner --> Moisturizer next time.

Last edited:
Razor: Schick Type G
Blade: Supply Black (1)
Brush: Omega Mixed Midget
Lather: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter
Aftershave: Captain’s Choice Nor’Easter

Going small today: my smallest brush and smallest lather. At least the container is the smallest. Other samples might be the same or smaller.

E0E61BEB-A424-4C9B-8606-6BDF9F566843.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom