What's new

💈🪒 SOTD - “Size Matters” Theme Week - January 30th, 2023 to February 5th, 2023 💈🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
02/05/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Stirling Soap Co. Coniferous Bath Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Champagne Conditioning Shampoo Puck - A Lost New Year Classic Seasonal Release!
Billy Jealousy Hot Towel Pre-Shave Treatment
Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Champagne Artisan Seasonal Shaving Soap Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
AKA Brushworx - Riegle #009 Abalone Shimmer Brush with 24mm AK7 Knot - 1st Use
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official 30oz Phoenix Shaving Stainless Steel Enamel Coated Lather Shave Bowl V2
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Rex Supply Co. Konsul Slant Adjustable Stainless Steel DE Razor Standard Finish - 1st Use, Setting 3
Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 1st Shave
The Razor Company Blue - Premium Ultra Thick Microfiber Shave Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Champagne Artisan Seasonal Aftershave
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements St Martin's Land Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
The Holy Black Seven Deadly Sins Sloth Pomade
A IMG_2691.jpeg

H-SOTD-Pu_2023-02-05.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Gillette Hybrid Tech
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (3)
ASL: Clubman Musk

A luxury shave. :biggrin:
Although the Hybrid Tech isn't my favorite, it never disappoints. Smooth, smooth, smooth. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Evening of Saturday Feb 4th
Really enjoyable 2 pass shave with a cream and AS that i love using. I do wish the AS scent lingerd stronger for longer ... does anyone know of a comparable fragrance/edt?

Anyhow all the tools are pictured.
Could have touched up At the end but was pretty tired after a long day. Still loved the ritual and the cooling effect even though it's February.... during the summer months I reach for this often but during the winter only when I'm really missing the scent.
Solid 7/10
20230204_231639.jpg

Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Synthetic
Prep: Shower
Prep: Kiehl's Facial Fuel Cleanser
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch

Floid --> Toner --> Balm --> Emulsion

Another quality shave with Noble Otter and a fresh Nacet. The beef tallow always feels amazing. Disappointed with the scent of the soap (or lack thereof). Suspect that the tub was old because the soap was brown (not green) and only the slightest hint of powder smell. Certainly not the scent that was in the Maggard's sample I used up last year.

Nacet is definitely among my favourite blades. Gillette Minora and Platinum are also right there at the top. Looking forward to getting some Wizamet's this week.

Absolutely loving the Floid. The scent is great and I like that there is glycerin and menthol in there. Floid has a more complex scent than the one-punch Clubman. In Clubman's defense, I have only used it from the plastic bottle and not decanted into glass. Highly doubt that would be enough to close the gap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom