What's new

<<< SOTD - “SINGLE EDGE RAZOR THEME WEEK” - October 3rd, 2022 to October 9th, 2022 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat 8
Soap Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette Winner 4th
Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash
Nice enough soap but the matching splash sealed the deal...this brush is really good!
Good vintage razor and the blade is ok so the shave went well for 3passes resulting in a bbs-dfs finish...
20221008_103641.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober, 8th, Saturday 2022

Razor : Gillette Canadian variant NEW long comb, Mfg 1930's, great mid range, these New razors where introduced for the Gillette new blade design that is used to this day world wide. The razor was built to last other than the ball end handle that tends to split. Some blade tab over hang but still a joy to use once in a while.
Blade : Gillette Wilkinson sword Saloon(1), sharp & smooth. These blades are made in India and work well.
Soap : Tabac, mild clean flowery scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Orbital ring 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb with a Gillette Wilkinson sword blade.
SOTD October 8 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20221007_092448.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1968 N1 The Knack
Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

SATURDAY 10/8​
  • PRE - PAA Cube​
  • RAZOR - Schick Injector type L​
  • BLADE : SHICK​
  • SOAP : Chiseled Face Ghost town Barber​
  • BRUSH PAA Perigrino​
  • POST : Cold water rinse followed by Thayers witch hazel with PAA Tombstone AS to finish​
  • FRAGRANCE : Azzaro pour homme
    20221008_124114.jpg

1CE6E564-DF5A-4F67-B068-4A52A5B07452.jpeg

Prep: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 (face wash)

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Bandit w/ safety bar (has leather drains) base plate (prototype)
Blade: Gillette Minora Platinum

Soap: Barrister & Mann Death
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze (synthetic)
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Post 3: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Today's shave was unique. First time using any B&M soap, first time using B&M's Death soap and the first time using a Gillette Minora Platinum blade. Third time using this Bandit prototype. This time I choose the only base plate with lather drains.

I have to say trying Barrister & Mann's Death soap was a nice treat I've been waiting for since receiving all of the Four Horsemen soaps earlier this week.

The scent is different. It's unique in a very familiar B&M way. Check out this link to read more in depth my opinion of the four scents.

This Alpha Shaving Works Bandit razor again stood out from the rest of the razors I've tried. It shaves effortlessly and was a joy to use. The handle with its curves just works well. I have no issues with its design or feel.

It's interesting thought that not once did any used lather fall from this razor until today. The other two base plates had no lather drains and the used lather stuck to the bottom of the base plate like a magnet. Now this may be due to the fact that those two previous shaves were with Stirling Soap Company soaps. I don't know, I guess I'll just have to experiment more.

The Gillette Minora blade was interesting. Apparently it was very sharp. I had more weepers from this shave than I've had in a very long time.

I did a three-pass shave with some light cleaning up and ended up with a super smooth bbs shave. I followed this shave up with some standard use Alum and witch hazel. I intentionally didn't use any other scented aftershave. I didn't want anything to interupt my time with Death's scent.

All in all a great shave today.

Shave on gentlemen.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Saturday October 8 - SOTD

View attachment 1535696

Razor: Gillette New RFB
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (8)
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip Bulb 22mm
Soap: Tabac (Tallow)
Aftershave: Tabac
Is that the two piece model? If so... I had that one... but traded it for a 3 piece NEW RFB.... I think I might have made an error.... it really is a nice little razor. I wanted the flexibility to use another handle.... but as I said, I might have made a mistake. The Gillette handles have a tendency to split... the two piece NEW RFB don't have that issue.

Anyway, beautiful razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom