What's new

<<< SOTD - “SINGLE EDGE RAZOR THEME WEEK” - October 3rd, 2022 to October 9th, 2022 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday October 6, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Samhain
Razor: Henson ++
Blade: Feather HI Stainless (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
IMG_1210.jpg

Shave of Day BB.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Noble Otter Monarch
Brush
Omega EVO
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
Switched to a different razor and blade today: a Timeless SS SB .68 and a Kai blade. Every time I use a Kai blade it amuses me that there are no identification marks on the blade. It is perfectly blank. Nevertheless, the combination results in a good shave. The soap is on its 18th use. A perfect shave.

Thursday
Preshave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser / Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock German 37
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: Fellow Barber Shave Cream
Aftershave: Dickinson’s Hydrating Toner w Rosewater /Alum
Balm: Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra

20221005_083450.jpg

Razor: Schick N1 Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
SOTD - “SINGLE EDGE RAZOR THEME WEEK” - October 3rd, 2022 to October 9th, 2022

Catching up on my SOTD posts for the week. :)

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (3)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Brut Classic
20221003_130007~2.jpg

Notes from my 20221003 shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11953520

Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (4)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20221004_155318~2.jpg

Notes from my 20221004 shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11954858

Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (5)
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E (TNS 26mm Quartermoon Knot)
20221004_155318~2.jpg

Notes from my 20221005 shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11955959

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25G Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: @apshaveco Beehive (28mm Synbad Fan)
20221006_092508~2.jpg

Notes from my 20221006 shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11957031

F5668CF2-8A2C-4711-92D7-B777AE434765.jpeg

Prep: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Gel Cleanser w/ Hyaluronic Acid (fragrance free) for face wash used with a Clarisonic Mia Men

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Bandit w/ safety bar (no lather drains) base plate (prototype)
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless

Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Co. Ramblin' Man balm
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Continuing on with testing this razor, today I chose to use the solid (no lather drains) safety bar base plate. My first shave was with the similarly lacking, no lather drains, open comb base plate. If you didn't catch this with my first shave that's okay. This "feature" is unique to this razor and one that I'm personally very curious about. So let's continue and find out.

I pulled out my Stirling Soap Company Ramblin' Man soap today as I love its scent and miss it. This one is a true favorite of mine across all of soap offerings I have. I really think a lot of men are missing out on this one. But I digress.

I did a three-pass shave and again let the weight of this all brass razor do the work. The razor really has some great geometry and am really liking the handle the more I use it. The more I hold it, the more I dig it's curves. They provide great pinch points to support the weight of the razor's head.

The head cuts well and I had no issues with the lack of lather drains. With both this base plate and the open-comb one, they seem to act as lather magnets. The spent lather just sticks to the underside of the base plate. Not once did I experience spent lather dropping from this razor.

The blade is on its 4th, 5th, I don't know, 6th use, so if I'm being honest I did feel some irritation from it but it wasn't so bad that I felt the need to replace it mid shave. I did a small bit of touching up after my three passes and ended up with an ultra smooth bbs shave. My face feels great!

I finished things off with the ritual usage of some alum and witch hazel, followed by some Ramblin' Man aftershave balm. Don't sleep on this stuff guys. I did have a small bit of irritation on my neck but believe it was due to the overused blade.

All in all today's shave was another fantastic shave. I'll say it again, this razor cuts very well and I'd be proud to own one. This is a real man's razor.

Shave on gentlemen. 😉

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D06E16AA-4571-404C-B707-BEE118EFB92F.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Silver Bluse.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Power Mountain Water aftershave balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.

Friday, October 7, 2022.

Flöid oil pre shave. Saponificio Varesino 1945, Cubebe: Shaving soap, balm aftershave & EdT. Barcelona Shaving Brush (BSB), SaponificionVaresino manchurian badger, special chrome-plated aluminum with titanium plating. Angelo Murru: carbon steel, half hollow, 8/8, custom scales.

40CB0DE7-2996-499C-A643-3F6B01942734.jpeg

Fri 7
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Fatip OC
Blade BiC Chrome Platinum 4th
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
An awesomely rich and slick lather from the soap! Somehow, the AS is just the right splash to match...
Another excellent razor and blade pairing! 3 very smooth comfortable efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20221007_112055.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom