What's new

<<< SOTD - “SINGLE EDGE RAZOR THEME WEEK” - October 3rd, 2022 to October 9th, 2022 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD

Tatara maramusa
Polsilver super iridium blade
Grooming dept pre shave
Grooming dept la Rosa Profunda
Alpha ukwss brush
Captains choice obsidian copper shaving bowl
20221005_152613.jpg

20221004_073500.jpg

Razor: Supply V2.0 Stainless + SE plate, matte black
Blade: Supply Black Label Injector blades
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Birthday Shave!!

Great shave with the Featherweight! Since I've been having so much fun with my new SEs, and it's the theme for the week besides, I departed from my usual tradition on this day ('56 SuperSpeed). This is the 2nd Gen model, so it's in the general range, mid to late 50s if I'm not mistaken? Close enough anyway, it was a good decade for razors, cars, sci-fi and rock & roll, not to mention people! 😆

GEM Featherweight w/GEM PTFE blade (8)
Phoenix Green Ray synthetic
Alum block
Proraso Green soap & AS
20221005_153237.jpg

SOTD-YGT-P_2022-10-05.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: Yuma YM-406 GT
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (11)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

I'd forgotten just how wonderful the cheap ol' YUMA is; then a little history came to mind:

Shortly after getting my YUMA (April 2021) the GT handle was conceived. The conception was me thinking that the YUMA needed a (still lightweight but) better handle. I drew my idea up and sent it to my good friend Doug (@Rosseforp), hoping that he might be able to make one for me.
Then the magic happened and the first GT handle was born on Doug's lathe. :sorcerer:

:detective: I suspect that if I wasn't such a sucker for shiny and pretty looking things... the YUMA would be my TOP RAZOR.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Thursday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE86811GBL
Blade: Feather (D4)
Brush: Vie-Long 75th Anniversary LE Two Band 24mm
Bowl: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ¾”
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: RazoRock XXX (Original)
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus

WEDNESDAY 10/5
  • RAZOR : Razorock 37 "German Slant"
  • BLADE : Personna platinum (2)
  • SOAP : PAA Atomic Pumpkin
  • BRUSH : Razorock Monster
  • POST: Cold water rinse followed by Thayers witch hazel with PAA Atomic Pumpkin AS to finish
Haven't had time to post in awhile Gents but I've been enjoying some fantastic shaves lately!! I am blown away by the PAA Atomic Pumpkin soap and AS such a great, intoxicating fall scent! And the CK6 formula? Well what can I say it's FANTASTIC as always!
I was presently surprised by the Razorock German Slant I thought it would be aggressive but it's not it's smooth yet highly efficient. I could honestly be content with just a single pass from this razor it's that effective! But two passes plus some cleaning up left me BBS!

20221005_222216.jpg

Thu 6
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Gillette Perma-Sharp 2nd
Aftershave RazoRock XXX Splash
Good lather from the soap. The matching aftershave enhanced the pleasant scent.
This old razor is not very friendly but with the right blade, it can be wonderful. Today's pairing was good with the blade feeling so smooth and crisp. Managed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20221006_092535.jpg

Birthday Shave!!

Great shave with the Featherweight! Since I've been having so much fun with my new SEs, and it's the theme for the week besides, I departed from my usual tradition on this day ('56 SuperSpeed). This is the 2nd Gen model, so it's in the general range, mid to late 50s if I'm not mistaken? Close enough anyway, it was a good decade for razors, cars, sci-fi and rock & roll, not to mention people! 😆

GEM Featherweight w/GEM PTFE blade (8)
Phoenix Green Ray synthetic
Alum block
Proraso Green soap & AS
View attachment 1534185
Belated birthday greetings. :happybday:

SOTD: 6th October 2022.

thurs.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Cien X-Bolt ASL. /L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off and the focus run of the Dorco Prime Platinum blade which have been a joy to shave with throughout the focus run.

Out of the three Dorco DE blades that i have revisited the Prime Platinum are my favourite. I find them smooth forgiving and efficient
which for me is a great combination and are well suited to my skin type'.

The WS boar brush was my first brush and still a work horse. Nothing fancy but nothing wrong with it either. It doesn't have much backbone and has shred a hair or two over the years, but it still does the job what more is required.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick- ups comfortable silky-smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool & smelling divine. 😉

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
7453DAC1-6D7D-4DE8-B657-7194DDDBF717.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Silver Blue.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Blue Cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom