What's new

🪒 🪒 SOTD - “Show off your New Stuff Week” August 15th, 2022 to August 21st, 2022 🪒 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
This nice British Gillette 66 made its way to the states today. It came cased, with a leather travel bag. Looks like it was never used. All 5 blades were still in the bank. All the other items appeared to be untouched. Great old school shave. What a perfect setup to a great evening shave.

57CA6DC7-69C7-4197-AC89-27CF2A6E17D2.jpeg
848CA5EB-CED0-40B6-B1B5-40D9728943D0.jpeg

Thu 18 SOTD
Soap Yaqi Hypnotic Blue
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Personna Super Med Prep 2nd
Aftershave Yaqi Hypnotic Blue Splash
Nice...nice soap! The scent is good...enhanced by the matching splash. The lather is creamy and slick...
Good shave with the razor paired with the blade. Easy and smooth 3passes for bbs finish but a red spot. Happy 😊 though!
20220818_161107.jpg

SOTD : 18th August 2022.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
Brush: Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather : Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Parker 99R. TTO

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Bearglove ASL./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

An excellent shave to finish my shave week off wonderfully.

It's been a while since i last added my Parker 99R to my DE razor rotation.

The Parker 99R along with the 22R where the first parker razors that i purchased not long after i had ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving which gave me the 'Shaving Bug' purely because they looked excellent and had great reviews, after that i developed a fondness for the. I now have a collection of 11 Parker razors (10 DE razors) + Parker adjustable InjRzr in my shaving den, four of which were past on to me by workmates who fell out of love with them. 'All the better for me'

The Parker 99r TTO and 98r where the razors that has taught me to let the weight of the razor do the work and focus on my technique when i first started out with this shaving hobby of mine.

The hefty weight and and long handle on most of the parker range is an the added bonus, especially for dome/head shaving.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.😉

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
7008D623-4447-44D2-A065-9AE39060C717.jpeg

1) China: Brush Franck Shaving Synthetic brush.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko grated into a puck.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Pakistan: Razor Blade Treet Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Blue Cologne.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This nice British Gillette 66 made its way to the states today. It came cased, with a leather travel bag. Looks like it was never used. All 5 blades were still in the bank. All the other items appeared to be untouched. Great old school shave. What a perfect setup to a great evening shave.

View attachment 1506873View attachment 1506875
Lucky you for that find + you got a lot more than just the razor!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday August 18th 2022

Razor : Yaqi adjustable the final cut(AKA TFC)- Mfg 2021, excellent all range adjustable razor, well built and designed similar to the 1930's Gibbs razor but takes regular standard Gillette blades. I get close shaves with this head design with the scalloped safety bar that lifts those flat laying whiskers + allows lather to blade edge better IMO.
Blade : Gillette Polsilver SI(3) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap :Tabac, clean flowery scent with excellent lather qualities. Tripled milled and get my whiskers prepared better than a lot of soaps. More alkalised possibly? It is a thirsty soap also but results are good!
Brush : Yaqi Ferrari 24mm boar bristle, Excellent lather generator, super soft split end bristle tips, nice splay scrub + great lather painter. I really enjoy this brush and took a inexpensive chance on this brush because of damaged handle sale.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(3) + ATG(3) + pickups setting(4).
Post shave : Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi adjustable TFC with a Polsilver SI blade.
SOTD August 18 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20220817_095129.jpg

Razor: Star Bakelite Military Double Edge Razor
Blade: Lion Super Stainless
Brush: Yaqi Panda in black & white tuxedo synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Status