What's new

🪒 🪒 SOTD - “Show off your New Stuff Week” August 15th, 2022 to August 21st, 2022 🪒 🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
96D00867-B5BC-43B6-9AE2-6FDB31109DEE.jpeg

SOTD : 21st August 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Palm Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Soap Bar.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 22R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion./Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

After seeing the recent post on TSR (UK) forum using the Palmolive Soap Bar to shave which made me curious to give it a try so i ventured into the town centre and got a multi pack x 4 from Home Bargains for the grand total of £1!.

Once in a while i use my Pears transparent soap & WS soap bowl Franken-soap which produces a great lather and i have the tried Dove Men care + soap and few other hand/bath bar soaps which all have worked with acceptable results with no risk of irritation or drying out my skin from my skin.

Regardless to the shaving soap or cream i use for my shaves i always use post shave applications which are a tonic for my mature rhino skin type.

I have a fondness for both the Palmolive classic Shave stick & shaving cream, hence my forum name and was also curious as to how close the Palmolive bar soap scent was to the Palmolive stick & cream.

The scent is completely different but the bar soap still it has a mild pleasant clean scent.

I wet the soap and rubbed it directly into my face stubble then with the damp not wet brush i started to lather keeping it a bit dry at first then gradually adding a small amount of water to the tips of the brush. It lathers up fairly well, and is really slick but because it's a bath/hand soap it did start to dissipate quicker than a shaving soap which i expected but no quicker than other hand/bath bar soaps i have shaved with in the past....The Semogue 1305 held the lather wonderfully....My boar brushes are something i should add more often to my brush rotation.

All in all, it' provides a slick lather which carried the shave.

Would i use it again? yes, as it gave me an acceptable irritation-free shave...What more can i ask for....As always YMMV.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine from the brut duo.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

Sun 21 - Last day at New Plymouth...Beautiful Pukekura Park, even with the rain!
Soap Ariana & Evans So Cal Hipster
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Aftershave Yaqi Malibu Splash
Very nice👍soap. The scent is awesome and the lather is richly creamy and slick...the splash matched nicely!
This blade seems to pair perfectly with the vintage razor. So smooth and efficient. 3passes for a bbs finish...
20220821_081812.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
75F1FA75-A926-4DF9-AD26-567C44DCA9B2.jpeg

1) China: Brush Jack the Barber Synthetic brush.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko grated into a puck.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Pakistan: Razor Blade Treet Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Ecopure Man Soothing Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Calvin Klein Free For Men Cologne.

𝑅𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙 6𝑠
𝑇𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑃𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑚 (••)
𝑃𝑎𝑜𝑙𝑜 𝐵𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑜 50° 𝐴𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑜 𝑆𝑜𝑎𝑝
𝑌𝑎𝑞𝑖 𝐶𝑜𝑙𝑎 22𝑚𝑚 𝐵𝑟𝑢𝑠ℎ
𝑆𝑜𝑢𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑛 𝑊𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑐𝑟𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑠 "𝛲𝛺𝛭𝛺𝛮𝛢" 𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑆𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ

20220821_140555.jpg

Sunday
Preshave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser / Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock SLOC
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2019 Summer Edition 2-band
Soap: Proraso White
Aftershave: Dickinson’s Hydrating Toner w Rosewater /Alum
Balm: Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom