Monday,

Merkur Futur w/ Feather blade
Bic Metal
Mystery maker brush
SCS Savory Rose cream (sample)
SCS Bergamot Rose Hydrosol
Proraso Liquid cream a/s

Trumper's Eucris

First try with the SCS Savory Rose. Had a heck of a time getting to to lather at 1st but I added some more cream and water and finally got an acceptable lather.

Nicked myself pretty badly today for the 1st time in a long while. No major nicks but just 6 small ones.
I loved the smell of the cream and will give it another try.

Used the Proraso because I felt I needed someone with a cooling effect after this shave. This aftershave is definitely one that I need to use more.

The SCS Hydrosol is nice but I need to get some more DaVinci H2O. Charles should be getting an order some time today.

I love the Trumper Eucris so I couldn't think of a better edt to start off the week.

Have a great day.

Patrick

Monday:

Merkur HD w/ Derby
Vulfix 2234
Tabac Soap:smile:
Alum Bar
Thayer's Rose WH
Feather ASB
Baxter ASB

I shaved off my goatee this weekend so I'm having to learn how to shave new spots!

Dinder1 said:
Shavemac razor w/Feather blade
Omega "Midnight" brush
Camamu Bay Rum SS
QED Da Vinci Water
SCS ASB

Where are you guys getting these Shavemac DEs? Very sharp looking. I don't see them on their site though... :confused:

castlecraver said:
Where are you guys getting these Shavemac DEs? Very sharp looking. I don't see them on their site though... :confused:
My shavemac DE came in a set, brush, razor and stand.
Cheers, DJ.

Monday:

-Merkur 23c w. DERBY blade
-SCS brush
-J.M. Fraser's shaving cream
-BOOSTER Aquarius A/S lotion
-OLIVIA's A/S balm

Thomas

castlecraver said:

I enquired....just send a mail with your request and your choice of handle....doesn't appear to be a problem.

Brian

Gillette Slim Adjustable
Feather Blade
C&E Pure Badger Travel Brush
T&H West Indian Limes
Baxter of California ASB
Inis Spray Cologne

proxy.php

Decisions, decisions, decisions.......

Ok here's what went down today:

Monday

Hot Shower No Scrub

Tweezeman Pure Badger
C&E Sweet Almond Oil Soap with a touch of conditioner
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Derby 2nd shave
3 Pass 5,5,5.

Gillette Gel AS

My face hasn't felt right lately. I had bee trying some things that were not in my regular routine and I think I may have to lay off for a little while. They were a feather blade, an Aristocrat (probably the offender), a NWC injector. I tried all three of those within a week or two and now I have some ingrown hairs on my jawline. I didn't have those before. I may have to go back to my baseline set up and get a good if not great shave to let things cool off a bit.

Hot towel
Proraso pre/post
AOS fine badger brush
Gillette Fat Boy w/Israeli
Trumper's Rose
Witch Hazel

Please take a moment to remember the heroes and victims of 9-11.

Rafael

Today was a rose 'n' 'raso morning:

full

'40s Super Speed w/fresh Derby blade
C&E Best Badger
QED Rose Geranium stick
Alum block [not pictured, but it's whitish and rectangular, just like yours]
Thayers Rose
Proraso ASB

First time using one of Charles's sticks -- very impressed! I was in a hurry, though, so I left some burn on my neck and jawline. :cursing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Merkur Futur w/Derby Blade (Day 2)
C&E BB Brush
Mama Bear's Dragon's Blood
Adidas a/s

Slowly working my way through LetterK's sampler pack...

Cetaphil Face Wash
Proraso Pre in Shower (twice, after washing face, and again near end of shower)
Merkur HD w/ Feather (day2)
Futur Silvertip
GFT Coral Skin Food before each pass
Proraso Green Tube
Dicksons Witch Hazel
Proraso ASB
GFT Coral Skin Food

Amazing shave, but some neck irritation. Gotta get my angle together.

Night before: Nancy Boy mild facial cleanser, replenishing facial mask
Shower: Honeybee shampoo, conditioner, soap; Proraso pre/post

40's Eversharp-Schick injector w/ Schick blade (day 2) (Thanks to Ron for pointing out the correct decade!)
SR-204 brush
Kiss My Face vanilla earth cream
Thayer's Lavender WH
Proraso pre/post

I was really trying to give the injector a good try. My face was steamed, soaked, and ready. I gave the lightest touch I could. I had a great lather from the KMF cream. It still ate my face.

I think I either have a dud injector, a dud blade, or the Schick blades just don't agree with me. The razor cleaned up well, but I had to bend a few parts back into place because it arrived rather loose. It's tight now, and I don't see any visible mechanical defects, but boy is it ugly to use with those Schick blades.

Ouch. It gave more of a tractor pull than a clean cut :biggrin: On the other hand, I love the KMF cream. It's cheap, it's only the second cream I've tried to give me a good lather, and it smells delicious - like a deep, rich french vanilla.

Top Bottom