This is my second time with a Shavette. I wanted to start using my Gillette Permasharp plastic DE razor immediately but held onto my desire for I wanted to use the blade I broke in half for the Shavette:
- Prep: Warm Water Bath
- Brush: Ajay (Amazon Link) - bought it locally offline for $0.5 or something. yes, I will get a better brush soon.
- Razor: SYGA Straight Razor from Flipkart
- Blade: Gillette 7o' Clock Permasharp
- Shaving Cream: LASER 3 Sport Shaving Foam (What I learned is canned foam is not just bad for shaving but also bad for the environment. I am just gonna finish it and never buy a canned foam again)
- Mirror: Locally bought for $1. I shaved in sunlight this time.
- Passes: 2 pass WTG (XTG + ATG at some places, somehow )
- After Shave: Homemade
- Alum: LUCAS, bought locally for $0.33
- Music: "Choo Lo", a romantic song by an Indian rock band called The Local Train (YouTube Link)
- Smirnoff Vodka, red bottle, unflavored (40%)
- Rose Water (40%) (Indian astringent, replacement for Witch-Hazel)
- Strawberry Essence, synthetic (10%)
- Coconut Oil (10%)
- Aloe-Vera Gel (20 ml)
I counted 4 cuts/nicks. Here is the list:
- 2 of the cuts and 1 nick was at chin
- 1 cut on Platysma
What I Learned
- Last time I cut/nicked myself at 14 places and this time only at 4 places. This is more than 70% improvement in just two shaves.
- Let's say you glue a paper to the cheeks and then pull it down, how will you feel? That is exactly how I felt with dual-blade cartridges but more painfully with Mach3.
- Also, skin has lesser irritation compared to my experience with cartridges. Still, a Shavette is a dangerous thing and because of lack of experience, some regions still burn and I have to use my aftershave 3-4 times a day
- Skin is much smoother. With Mach3 I shaved everyday. With Shavette, alternate days.
- This blade performed better on 2nd shave. Strange.
- I still have half blade left, so there will be 2 more shaves with the Shavette.