What's new

SOTD pic: way to control size?

Hi there,

Apologies for the intrusion, but I was advised that the Darkroom Forum gurus might be able to assist me.

Basically my question is, can I control the size of my B&B SOTD pics?

For all my shots I use my iPhone 7 camera and the Enlight and/or Prisma editing apps. But when I post the pics they range in size from smallish to in-your-face jumbo, and the editing app does not seem to be the controlling factor of the posted size. A quick survey of my past SOTDs indicates that those with a portrait orientation tend to be larger than landscape pics, but the landscape shots are not consistently sized.

Is there some setting I am missing to keep the pics a uniform more-or-less medium size?

Thank you!
Patti

Using my monitor as the guide, i ran some tests here and if i want a portrait oriented picture to show 'in whole' on the screen i resize the image to 600 pixels high. Landscape oriented images are resized so they are no wider then 800 pixels. Whether this shows as 'in whole' on other's monitors, no idea. To resize i'm just using Irfanview a freeware program.
dave

Many thanks, Dave. Will give those dimensions a shot.
(Egads, I never even considered the complication of different monitors.)

Patti

I haven't posted there in who knows how long now, but any pics I post on here I post using the 'bbcode' from uploading my images ti Imgur. This way their the same each time.

Top Bottom