What's new

SOTD - October 19 through October 25, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gillette New
Red Israeli
Truefitt Brush (pretty sure it's a Rooney 3/2)
CADE Soap
CADE Splash

The New is really different than the 1947 Superspeed that I've been using since starting, but with a little work I seem to be getting much better shaves.

Pure Badger Brush
'63 Gillette 1-9 Slim Adjustable
Feather Yellow
Mama Bear Frankincense & Myrrh
Aqua Velva

W Greaves : B&B Essential : Tabac : Clubman

proxy.php

Gillette New / Feather (1)
Semogue Excelsior Boar Hair
Mama Bear "Good Morning Honey" Shave Soap
Witch Hazel
Burt's Bees Bay Rum Aftershave Balm

R

rum

Hot towel
Trumper's Coral Skin Food (pre)
Kent T4
Trumper's Rose Soap
6/8" Puma
Roger & Gallet L' Homme after shave balm

The balm is nice, offered a good covering and even after 17hrs after the shave I am not feeling any itchiness on my face. It has too much menthol though.

Beautiful..Thanks for sharing....

Julian

Thank you..
How do you like the Palmera? If you're willing, im interested in your thoughts on the hones as well as how the razor feels against the face.

Josh.. I love the Palmera and the larger blades. In fact after using it yesterday prompted me to sell my a couple of my 5/8's. I am still new to straights, only been using them for 6 months or so, but the feel and balance of this razor is just perfect.

I am even more new to Hones, but after reading and debating a lot, I went with the shaptons. So far I have honed a few razors including the Palmera and haven't felt they have been real difficult to use. I think as people often say, as long as you set the bevel and spend time at 1 and 4K, pretty much all hones will give decent results.

As fas as the Palmera, if you spot one, get it, you will not regret. They are on par with the Filli, though I might prefer the balance and the hefty blade of the Palmera

Cheers

Thank you..

Josh.. I love the Palmera and the larger blades. In fact after using it yesterday prompted me to sell my a couple of my 5/8's. I am still new to straights, only been using them for 6 months or so, but the feel and balance of this razor is just perfect.

I am even more new to Hones, but after reading and debating a lot, I went with the shaptons. So far I have honed a few razors including the Palmera and haven't felt they have been real difficult to use. I think as people often say, as long as you set the bevel and spend time at 1 and 4K, pretty much all hones will give decent results.

As fas as the Palmera, if you spot one, get it, you will not regret. They are on par with the Filli, though I might prefer the balance and the hefty blade of the Palmera

Cheers

Outstanding! thanks for the thoughtful response and for feeding my SRAD, which, until now was fairly sated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom