What's new

<<< SOTD “Obscure Shaving Gear/Den Diving/Archaeology Week” February 20, 2023 to February 26, 2023 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave Slant, February26th 2023. Day#3 of testing & 3consecutive daily shaves with the Yaqi SLOPE slant.

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE 316 SS slant with a Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle, Mfg 2023>, this razor is well thought out for design and finish & is adequate for my shaving needs. Accuracy when flipped 180 degrees feels on both sides while shaving feels and sounds accurate so my conclusion it is well machined fairly accurate to being centered and QC is OK. Finish is reasonable but I did stone a few sharp corners to my liking(use your discretion on that). I have done this on other razors also so no problem.
The nice thing about this slant is it is compact and is not overly aggressive but more a mild to tame mid range using a standard Gillette blade to my preferred type of razor in a slant. It is a different design concept to other torsional type designs we see a lot of.
The Yaqi SLOPE slant can do any shaving area of my face in normally positions as regular razor sized razor can do with head not being to large in the way, that is also very strong design feature that is positive IMO.
As for the Yaqi "Chippendale" Darwin looking handle that has a different hand feel as a round handle I'm use to it will take a few shaves to adjust and so far a OK for a different feel but with handle up going ATG passes it is a great feeling.
It looks stunning and works best with squares oriented perpendicular as shown in photo IMO. I use a modified copper & aluminum coated washers #10/32 inch for some of my nice stainless steel razors and Zamak chrome razors this one got one also with a little tinkering to get it right the way I like it so not to over tighten the "Chippendale" handle and do damage to threads(no need to over tighten & use a nylon 5mm diameter or 10/32 nylon washer would do the same also purpose possibly.)
Blade : Gillette Astra SP (3) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Tabac, nice flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities for this classic soap.
Brush : Yaqi "Red Ferrari" 24mm boar bristle knot, Excellent lather generator, Soft bleached split end bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Comfortable handle also.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse with Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi SLOPE 316ss slant with a Astra SP blade.
6SOTD Feburary 25 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

DA088F09-F4AC-4239-BFEB-8CC9C2EC22A6.jpeg

18E6A74C-CDD1-4737-A269-3E10F6F3BF60.jpeg

Pre: Topsy Blends Gold & Glow Raw Honey Cleanser Foaming Face Wash

Razor: Wade & Butcher
Razor: Aylsworth Drakkant
Blade: Gillette Platinum

Soap: The Holy Black Tangerine Creeper
Brush: Yaqi Black & White
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Citrus Musk EdC

Keeping with Fruity February I was excited to try some of The Holy Black Tangerine Creeper. This stuff is without a doubt top-notch software. The Tangerine essential oil in this stiff is added at low temps to ensure it doesn't off-gas into the atmosphere while they're making it. Tangerine hydrosol is also added instead of the water they typically use in their soaps.

I used a normal, moderate amount of soap but this stuff really blows up. No joke. A little goes a long way, so if you're considering picking some up keep in mind that you don't need much to get a full shave's worth of lather.

In case you didn't pick up on it, the "Creeper" in the name is for the added Koolada in the soap. It adds a nice cooling effect that as the name implies, creeps up on you. I enjoyed it even though the weather this time of year doesn't really call for it.

I started my shave with the W&B then finished up with the Drakkant. Both performed in superb fashion. I have no complaints.

After earning a bbs face I splashed on some Pinaud Citrus Musk EdC and called it a wrap.

Thanks for reading. Have a great Sunday and enjoy your shaves.

Last edited:
Pre-Shave: Grooming Department Lavender pre-shave
Brush: RV clone handle w/ Mozingo ZT4 knot
Blade: Perma Sharp (3)
Razor: WR2 Ti SB 1.25 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
Soap: Grooming Department Ketoret Kairos SE (Lamb Tallow and Emu Oil)
Post Shave: Grooming Department Ketoret Skin Food Splash 💦

Narrowing my brushes down to 6 total which means I will be selling 3 soon.

My shaves have been superb lately, really excited to shave everyday.

24E01274-1088-43A5-8923-7D10E67CD59D.jpeg

02/26/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Ariana & Evens Soap of Antiquity
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Enigma Machine Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap - Mentholated
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Danaid Foil 50 Shaving Soap CK6 Valentine Seasonal Release!
Homage to Tom Ford's Ombre Leather!
Yaqi Moka Express Shaving Brush 26mm Two Band Badger
Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Quantum Safety Razor with Alpha Base Plate - CNC Machined Brass & Stainless Steel Design - 1st Use
Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade - 1st Shave
Hendrix Classics & Co. The Boss Man's Assistant Microfiber Black Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Danaid Foil 50 Artisan Aftershave & Cologne - Valentine Seasonal Release! Homage to Tom Ford's Ombre Leather!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Aloe Vera Gel Made with Organic Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Danaid Foil 50 Eau De Parfum (EDP) Valentine Seasonal Release!
Ariana & Evans All Natural Deodorant with Himalayan Pink Salt
Ariana & Evans All Naturals Hybrid Beer Pomade - Charred Sandalwood & Bourbon (firm hold)​
A IMG_2808D.jpeg

H-SOTD-Pu_2023-02-26.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Gillette Hybrid Tech GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (17)
ASL: La Toja Classic

A fine shave. :biggrin:
The Hybrid Tech is really nice and smooth, but it still can't beat the Flat Bottom Tech's performance.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Razor: Gillette Super Speed 1951 W 1
Blade: Polsliver (1st time using it, loved it! This was a great pairing for me)
Preshave: Razor Emporium PreShave
Soap: Meštar (The Company), Dišpet (the soap) (its my profile pic as well)
Aftershave: PAA King R Aftershave (on cheeks/face)
PAA King R Star Jelly with Menthol (on neck then face/cheeks)

Should of taken a picture but forgot to. Super shave, 10/10 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom